Mayo: love it or hate it?

I thought a paneer wrap at an Indian snack shop sounded like a good idea, but I could swear the dressing on it is mayonnaise rather than anything yogurt based as I would have expected. Why? WHY???

But I’m hungry so I’m trying to choke it down with the help of hot sauce.

I’m not a mayo fan and try to avoid it as much as possible. You?

Love it .

4 Likes

I hate, detest and loathe the stuff. But I must be in the minority. Last week I took mom on a scenic train ride/mother’s day tea and every single sandwich had mayo (fortunately, mom’s a mayo lover).

While I like yogurt on its own, as you’d describe I’d prefer mayo.

Love it – homemade, Duke’s, flavored with herbs, spices, garlic; as part of salad dressing… a must on my cheeseburger and other sandwiches… so many options :heart_eyes:

4 Likes

Really? :scream: I don’t know if we can be friends.

I can take a little mayo on a BLT, but that’s about it. Something about the mayo sliminess and slight sweetness on not very hot rice … (sandwich was naan with rice, matar paneer, lettuce and condiments). I didn’t finish it. Can’t take mayo in sushi rolls either.

Ooh, I don’t think I’d like it on either rice or sushi rolls. Shiver. Okay, so we can stay friends ?

1 Like

I love mayo, except when they give you those little packs of Hellman’s. They always taste stale.

2 Likes

Yes…As someone stated somewhere on another thread…It is its own food group in my world.
There are very few foods I would not eat with mayo however if there was mayo on
the “no mayo” foods I would most definitely be sickened!!!
EDIT to add what you are currently eating with mayo would surely make me ill.

Love love love mayo but I don’t know if it has any place on a paneer wrap. What else was in the wrap? Just paneer in a tortilla? I can see where that would be dry, but mayo? Probably not. I’d rather raita and/or cilantro chutney on that.

ETA: Just saw your post stating it was matar paneer. I’m not a fan of peas so those would turn me off faster than the mayo would, but even so, I don’t think mayo belongs on that sandwich!

1 Like

I can’t find a link to it but if anyone has Andrea Nguyen’s Banh Mi Handbook there’s a cilantro mayo that I’ve used as a dip it’s so good.

1 Like

Love it as long as its homemade (no canola, soybean or vegetable oil!) and does not have sugar in it.

1 Like

Love it. Not on everything but I lick the spoon

4 Likes

I love it but wouldn’t want it with the dish you ordered.

2 Likes

Hate it. When I used to have tuna fish sandwiches, I experimented a lot with alternatives. Salsa and shrimp cocktail sauce are not bad.

2 Likes

What’s your oil of choice for homemade mayo?

Love it!

I totally lick the spoon. My husband finds this habit absolutely revolting, even though he likes mayo well enough.

1 Like

Hate it and do not use it at all.

The partner also hates it but will eat it only with chips/fries. Btw, the mayo served with fries here are a different kind of mayo.

Love it! I had a mayo and jerk sauce sandwich for lunch today, nothing else on it.

1 Like