May–August 2022 Baking Cookbook Nominations

Maybe it should go back to quarterly book on calendar quarter.

Whatever we call it, I feel it would be prudent to stick with the four-month schedule for the rest of 2022, so we can see how into it people are and also have reasonable chunks of time for participation (less than a quarter doesn’t seem to gain much traction, in my experience). We could always switch to quarterly afterwards, if it makes sense.

3 Likes

Maybe just call it Baking Book. Don’t add the time element to it.

MOONCAKES AND MILK BREAD would be great to explore.

BAKING WITH DORIE got this last year, and would love to dive in even more!

I agree. Just call it Baking Cookbook of the Month (or Baking Cookbook of the Month(s)… with an optional s) or ”BCOTM” as we knew it on the former website. It is just easy to remember and consistent with COTM.

4 Likes

Thank you everyone for your feedback. Sounds like Baking Cookbook of the Month BCOTM is to go for the time being, and it’s flexible enough, and allows the possibility in the future to make the period longer or shorter. The tag is made and applied to this topic.

5 Likes

Nominations close in under 48 hours, so get them in by Monday!

totally hating not being able to run to CH forums to check something!!!

6 Likes

So many times I’ve automatically gone to Ch and that depressing message pops up :frowning:

5 Likes

My nomination, too.

Nominations are now closed. I will post a link to the voting thread once I have a chance to set it up.

2 Likes

The voting thread is here:

I know we did it before but the post stated that nothing was off the table if there was enough interest in it. I’d love to have motivation to make more things from Bravetart. I can barely remember what I’ve made from it off the top of my head. I can say for sure that I’ve done the chocolate chunk cookies, top shelf muffin mix, coconut 5 minute muffins, coconut cream pie, and devils food cake with milk chocolate frosting. Hmmmm let me check the book to see if I’ve forgotten anything. . .

. . .glossy fudge brownies (which I first made from the Serious Eats site), white mountain cake with marshmallow buttercream, homemade Oreos (also first from SE), cinnamon rolls (again first from SE), and no-knead English muffins (SE).

I still have the homemade fig newtons, homemade oatmeal creme pies, a few ice cream recipes, and homemade magic shell on my wish list. The brown butter carrot cake is a bonus goal especially with those carrot roses.

1 Like

Here’s where to post about our winner, Baking with Dorie

1 Like