May 2023 Cookbook of the Month Nominations

SABRINA GHAYOUR MONTH (1 or 2 of her 6 books are usually on Kindle sale, plus there are online recipes, so this would be pretty accessible and broad)

MAANGCHI MONTH (KOREAN): Her blog & two books

CULTURAL REVOLUTION COOKBOOK (CHINESE): I have the first edition of this odd little book and love it. Looks like they came out with a new one, and a kindle version too.

THE MALAYSIAN KITCHEN : 150 Recipes for Simple Home Cooking

GO TO DINNERS (Ina Garten)

VENICE is a complete sentence because it’s a name of a book; i.e, a TITLE. js

I bought VENICE and would love to cook from it. That said, I’ll be gone for 2 weeks of May, and LLD will be gone 10 of the remaining days, so I probably won’t get much cooking done during the coming month.

It looks like I may be able to get get VENICE via interlibrary loan, and it’s fairly affordable, to boot.

While I’m happy to see Venice with some momentum again, I will throw in one last opton. If nothing else it will remind me to nominate it next time.

GREENFEAST: SPRING, SUMMER - by Nigel Slater

Because this encompasses two seasons, it might be a good book for late spring/early summer when those up north are still getting what I consider spring produce, but I’m already knee deep in tomatoes and peaches.

1 Like

Ha! If Mel is going to throw out nominations wishlist, I will throw out RECIPETIN EATS DINNER: 150 Recipes for Fast, Everyday Meals.

Nagi’s blog saved my sanity while I lived in Kuwait. I couldn’t find brands or ingredients I normally would be able to find in an American supermarket. So, I turned to RecipeTin Eats blog. She lives down under and many of the brands and stuff can be found in Kuwait. Weirdly, Kuwait imports a ton of stuff from Australia, NZ, etc. Her recipes are awesome and easy and flavorful. I’ve made her espresso martini, her Persian feast, and a bunch of individual recipes from her blog and they are almost always delicious and the recipes don’t have a lot of errors. Now, as a caveat, I will say I haven’t cooked from her book. For full disclosure, I will say that I don’t even have it… yet. But I will. And I hope everyone will want to cook from her book and love it as much as I have loved cooking from her blog.

1 Like

RECIPETIN EATS DINNER …is a sentence.

1 Like

The book could also be paired with her blog.

4 Likes

EYB reviews from this book have been very positive and appealing. I’d rather wait until I’ll be around, but in general I’m interested. Not a nomination, for now.

1 Like

So many tempting recipes on her blog!

RECIPETIN EATS DINNER + BLOG is nominated.

1 Like

I’ve used her blog on and off, mostly for Asian dishes.

While on blogs, I want to remember to nominate WoksOfLife in a future month, when their book has been out a bit longer. Yet to come across a recipe of theirs that didn’t turn out well.

1 Like

Just about 30 hours remaining in which to nominate!

This RecipeTin book is one I would be interested in doing in the winter, but not in the summer. I looked at all the recipes listed on EYB, and it seems about as far from a produce-driven book as one can get. I do like the mix of recipes and nationalities represented, but it just seems that it would be a better fit when I’m shopping from the supermarket.

1 Like

Have we done GRAINS FOR EVERY SEASON by JOSHUA McFadden?

SABRINA GHAYOUR MONTH
GRAINS FOR EVERY SEASON

I haven’t really perused her book thoroughly- I just peeked inside. But I think if you go to her blog and we do both as a COTM, you will find a LOT of recipes which are produce forward. And she has a whole vegetarian section, which I think could be vegan super easily, and look yummolicious. (The Sesame Crusted Tofu Steaks look right up my alley!) But I get it. If you aren’ t feeling it, you aren’t. And that’s cool.

Nominations are now closed! Please stay tuned for the voting thread, to which I’ll drop a link after I post it.

Please come vote!

May reporting thread: