Lunch 2024

Oven roasted lunch, yesterday. Taters, asparagus and beef.
Dessert was a slice of strawberry cake with strawberry sauce.

11 Likes

A very late lunch at Tivoli in Købnhaven. More like an early prelude to dinner, but we were traveling around ‘proper’ lunch time.

A hot dog with all the fixins :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Where’s this Costco? Dogs and fries?

Sliced avocado & swiss, romaine and tomato on whole grain for a sandwich today. A bare sprinkling of Spike seasoning on the 'cado. 2 tiny mandarin oranges for a sweet treat.

2 Likes

Scarborough, Warden and Ellesmere. Dogs/fries/pizza/gravy/soft serve ice cream, what a time to be alive!! :heart_eyes: :pinched_fingers:

4 Likes

Do you have the gravy on the pizza or the fries?

2 Likes

The possibilities are endless :laughing::pinched_fingers:t2:. I haven’t had the pizza there, always gravy on the fries :fries:

2 Likes

There’s one pizza place in Ottawa that sells a “hangover pizza” which is an all dressed pizza wirh a container of gravy on the side to be used as a dipping sauce. It’s popular with younguns after a night of debauchery. I tried it once and it didn’t taste very good. Probably because I was sober :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Some food creations are only good after a night of drinking :sweat_smile:

5 Likes

When in Denmark…

13 Likes

An attempted recreation of my favorite elementary school lunch: tuna salad on a hamburger bun, potato chips, and slaw. - Except - my bun was a brioche bun, my tuna salad was made from Tonnino tuna ventresca, and as for the slaw, well, I bought some from Whole Foods, and the reviews of what they’ve done to it are sadly true. It was inedible and therefore sailed right into the trash. Didn’t even stop for a photo.

And yes, I like a little tuna with my onion and celery.

16 Likes

Pork shoulder with rice/quinoa and Alubia beans.

Dessert was a gifted flan :yum:

14 Likes

A more substantial lunch today since I will be having dinner later. Today is my first CSA pick up day!

7 Likes

Soft-shell crab from a Viet-Cajun chain called Bag O’ Crabs in Berkeley.

Too much breading on the crab, but a slightly spicy remoulade was good with it.

9 Likes

I see a ‘Foods We Loved From School And How We’re Recreated Them Now’ thread coming soon? The pickles look just fine as a fill in for tangy slaw.

3 Likes
2 Likes

Another day, another smørrebrød. Oh, and a trio of seafood salads: North Sea shrimp, pulpo with olives & sun-dried tomatoes, and salmon tartare with green apple & mint.

10 Likes

That’s a novel garnish. Bacon bunny ears. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

4 Likes

Pasta with a puréed broccoli, garlic, peperoncino, evoo and Parmesan sauce. Added Nduja at the last minute and gave all a good stir.

Dessert was apricot gelato with warmed blackberries.

7 Likes

I keep staring at the flan photo and can’t tell if there’s custard on the spoon or if the spoon is just reflecting the image.

2 Likes