Lunch 2024

I need to do this but the thought terrifies me … there could be all manner of hidden crimes at the bottom of the stash.

3 Likes

Scallion oil noodles with gailan and fried egg.

12 Likes

It’s not that packed. But the lamb chops from September won’t last forever (tho I’m not sure we’ll get to them - I can’t just eat ALLLL the things in the freezer bc we’re leaving for two months :rofl:), there’s a couple of bags of shrimp we could/should use up, another pound of scallops we will DEF use up, etc.

We can do it! >insert Rosie the Riveter pic< :wink:

3 Likes

I just extracted a centuries- old box of creamed spinach (vegetables … I have to eat vegetables) and heated it up - omg it was nasty - not only off-flavors, but waaay too salty. Actually great that I pitched it. These days i only buy plain frozen veg. I can doctor them myself.

2 Likes

![IMG_6103|561x700, 75%]
(upload://j2diqYHfwaAOtimukeZw3sWIFPZ.jpeg)

Tuna salad, red onion, celery , Dukes mayo and Kewpie wasabi mayo. A nice squishy Portuguese roll was the perfect vehicle.
Dessert was a trysie…sponge cookie/cake, the smaller ones had a layer raspberry jam, the larger lemon curd. They were also supposed to have a layer of whipped cream… if I make again, I think just lightly mixing the jam/curd with the whipped cream would fit the bill.

14 Likes

Egg salad with the last of the saffron mayo from a couple days ago.

10 Likes

Kitsune udon with tenkasu and seaweed

14 Likes

Well… technically this is breakfast - as in the first meal of the day, but who’s counting :wink:

Lovely leftover grilled zuke with feta & sumac, ever so slightly reheated in the MW.

#platingshmating #tastealwayswins

7 Likes

Shrimp tostadas w/avocado

13 Likes

No matter what I make or eat, I always end up wanting your food instead :joy:

4 Likes

The term “breakfast” - can’t I break my fast with anything I want? Like a pastrami sandwich? :yum:

2 Likes

Oh, fer sure. IIRC, someone even started a thread about how we define what we call breakfast or lunch, and whether time / type of food made a difference… but I’m too lazy to look for it :slight_smile:

This calls for a snack!

1 Like

NOT A SALAD! Bahaha. After an unsuccessful trip to the pickleball court (it was chilly & my lower back wasn’t having it :roll_eyes:), a bowl of soup seemed just the ticket.

This is TJ’s creamy organic tomato & red pepper soup with a dash of Aleppo and a shprinkle of salt. Oh, and some parsley - just for looks :wink:

5 Likes

Love that you stopped halfway through to garnish and document :grin:

2 Likes

The sides are messy from mixing in the aleppo & salt. The bowl was never that full :wink:

1 Like

I like my version better :smirk:

1 Like

So do I :slight_smile:

Turkey, bacon club sammich for lunch from a family favourite greasy spoon after I signed off on my income taxes. They stopped serving coleslaw, but it was still a good meal.

10 Likes

Jambon-beurre

14 Likes