Lunch 2023 (!)

5 Likes

This is my kid’s solution after introducing her to the idea of turkey salad (I spared her the potential of an “OK Boomer” moment by not lecturing her about the pervasiveness of Underwood Deviled Ham/Chicken in the 1970’s). Turkey salad sandwich on sautéed sourdough. She was very proud that the frozen cubes of olive oil, onion, shallot and parsley she made last week made a very tasty coating for the sourdough. Filled with baby spinach and avocado.

12 Likes

9 Likes

not enuf ketchup, or whatever that red sauce is

Couldn’t really place what the sauce was, just some sort tomato-e red sauce. The ramen was killer. Chicken yuzu broth was very tasty.

1 Like

9 Likes

Lunch today, cheese soufflé. The recipe specified sharp cheddar, but I didn’t have any. I did have manchego, though, so that’s what I used. It had a very nice flavor; I preferred it to cheddar.

19 Likes

A very hearty pita wrap filled with a chickpea and cashew pulao (freezer find), sour cream, and hot sauce.

14 Likes

Shrimp tostadas

15 Likes

Maharashtrian Kala Chana (black chickpeas) with Koli Masala
I did a write up for the Jan.-March 2023 Cuisine of the Quarter, here.

9 Likes

Zhajiangmian

11 Likes

Ham, egg, and cheddar cheese sandwich on white bread, with tots.

10 Likes

6 Likes

Inspired by a thread on here

about fish suppers, I spied a new fish&chips special just for lent at my local farm store cafe. It was surprisingly delicious.

8 Likes

Lunch from a great place in town. Roast pork (a favorite), chicken shwarma (too cinnamon-heavy for me), Cajun shrimp - sweet & perfectly cooked.

6 Likes

Ippudo.

9 Likes

How are the lines these days?

None. Restaurant was mostly empty at 2pm. Ginza, Tokyo.

1 Like

Oh! Hah. I’m very Manhattan-centric. I thought you meant this:

Looks great!

1 Like

Looks great!

Very good. How’s the Ippudo in Manhattan?