Lunch 2023 (!)

A delectable Caesar panino from a local Italian cafe I’d never been to, and glad I finally did. Grilled chicken breast on very nice sammich bread, Caesar dressing, spring mix, bacon, asiago. $13 with a choice of chips or side salad.

8 Likes

5 Likes

I made some carnitas in the slow cooker this morning and made some carnitas tacos for lunch, with tomatillo and avocado salsa. Super easy to make the carnitas, put a couple cups of fresh lard in the slow cooker and added chunks of pork shoulder seasoned with salt. Cooked on high for 3 hours and crisped some up in a pan.

11 Likes

Yes, please!

a.PNG
b.PNG
c.PNG

5 Likes

smalls

1 Like

Ahahaha. Twinning.

8 Likes

Tuna melt. Usual tuna salad recipe augmented with pickle juice and calabrian chilis, grilled on sourdough with sharp cheddar and roasted red peppers.

7 Likes

Leftover khao soi broth from last night in which I braised some bone-in chicken thighs and boy choy today (massively craving greens). Forgot to put in the crispy noodles, but we enjoyed it just as much, if not more than yesterday!

11 Likes

Another dreary day, so I made a Bombay Chilli Cheese Toastie as a pick me up!

11 Likes

Don’t ask why I had a knife.

There was no way I wasn’t going to eat this like anything but a heathen.

6 Likes

To fend off thieves?

To fend off those Italian guards at the Sistine Chapel.

1 Like

In guardia!

I think this is self-explanatory.

4.PNG

5 Likes

Gingery chicken and bok choy over noodles

10 Likes

5 Likes

Shrimp tostadas with mayo, salsa Mexicana, and avocado.

11 Likes

I realized belatedly that tostadas is what I should have made last night with my falling-apart-from-the freezer tortillas instead of tacos (which fell apart :joy:)

1 Like

2 Likes