Lunch 2023 (!)

Hellz to the yeah she is… although she just recently got fresh eggs from a friend that haven’t been refrigerated (and likely won’t be, just for the purpose of getting the Perfect SBE).

I’ll save that effort & grief for my PIC to figure out once we’re back in Berlin where he’s responsible for breakfast :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would just cook for 5:00 instead of 6:00, with the room temperature egg. I like 4:00 soft-boiled eggs, but I think that would be too runny for you.

1 Like

Okonomiyaki

10 Likes

This was my first attempt at a “Black Bean Burger” for Sunshine to eat for lunch. She likes them better than the lentil burgers, (I tried to make) but not by much. I’ll try to tweak the recipe a bit more and see if that works. I may also try to make a meat-less burger out of pinto beans. Stay tuned – more experimenting to come.

9 Likes

I read about this veggie burger cookbook yesterday. It sounds like it might have some interesting recipes. Good luck!

3 Likes

Capture3.PNG

3 Likes

Picked up my blood pressure meds! Now to make use of them.

11 Likes

Fantastic! Both the lunch and the application of the meds (which is the boat I find myself in daily! I was 127/77 yesterday and felt like I hit a major achievement…that deserved shrimp Caesar for dinner…).

3 Likes

I kid, 'cause I don’t really eat much “damaging” food. But every once in a while, ya gotta.

3 Likes

Fresh ramen with shrimp, salmon, snow peas, and asparagus. Penzy’s fish base and white pepper made the broth.

15 Likes

7 Likes

Leftover steak and (fresh) salad wrap with blue cheese dressing!

9 Likes

DaYUM that looks amazing.

Thank you! It was one of those moments where I wasn’t sure what to do for lunch but then remembered I had leftover steak and blue cheese :slight_smile:

It’s a great combo!

1 Like

Using up the last of the burrito sized wraps for a tuna wrap with Swiss, cucumber, tomato, and capers!

8 Likes

Huevos Rancheros.

8 Likes

Cauliflower with tomatoes, and a bowl of rice (not pictured).

6 Likes

Pibil pork with quick pickled red onion, white rice, and broccolini.

7 Likes

More pibil pork but as tacos

4 Likes