Lunch 2023 (!)

6 Likes

Bagel with cream cheese, avocado, and tomato.

8 Likes

3 Likes

nice tomatoes for january !

2 Likes

Chinese “gai lan” with oyster sauce, sashimi and pickled ginger.

5 Likes

Brunch today was served at lunch time! So, I’m posting it here. We had Saoji Egg Curry with a garlicky raita and pita bread. Write up of the dish can be found over on the current COTQ thread, Maharastrian.

9 Likes

2 Likes

Favorite local poke place.

7 Likes

Shin ramen black with egg and spinach. Incredible instant noodles.

11 Likes

Nasi goreng with shrimp, and a fried egg.

10 Likes

Quinoa, broccoli and cauliflower, and canned sardines.

4 Likes

Miso soup and potato salad on the side. First time making miso soup from scratch, including the dashi and it tasted spot on. I have more dashi stock on the fridge so am looking forward to having more throughout the week, especially with the cold, grey weather.

9 Likes

Lunch was (air fryer) Mozzarella Sticks. This was my first attempt at making them. They don’t look great, but they tasted good. I might try panko for the next go-round.
*** Special Thanks to @DaBadger for the idea and the recipe ***

9 Likes

A lunch of leftovers - quesadilla for two: Mission tortillas, Tillamook thick shredded Mexican, diced onion, cilantro, carnitas. Topped with the last of the guac, sour cream, more cilantro, pickled jalapeños, lime, hot sauce. Happy bellies!

Straight outta the pan.

My naked half.

Fully dressed (guac, sour cream, hot sauce, lime juice, cilantro, pickled jalapeños) :slight_smile:

12 Likes

Dandanmian with egg.

13 Likes

Just a lil brunch skillet before we hit the road to PGH :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Scrambled egg and tomato with rice and smashed cucumber.

13 Likes

Quite possibly my new favorite sammich: local bread (sourdough, wheat, rye mix), shmear, chives, HBE, smoked salmon from Aldi, cukes. Really nice combo.

12 Likes

Tostadas with refried black beans, chicken in red mole, crema, and queso fresco.

6 Likes

Hayashi rice with beef, mushrooms, and onion, using boxed roux.

10 Likes