Lunch 2023 (!)

1 Like

Pulled pork, coleslaw, sandwich bun (other half not in picture)

7 Likes

Yesterday’s lunch was a veal parmigiana from a nearby deli.

3 Likes

Tuna roll-up from a local grocery. They make the tuna salad from fresh tuna that they steam/cook. It’s entirely different from tuna salad from canned tuna (which I never buy because I like my own tuna salad so much more). Very mild. Almost, but not quite, like chicken salad.

9 Likes

Carne asada burrito

4 Likes

This is one of the most enjoyable lunches I have had for a long while!2023 New York Food Crawl - Day 3......... “ The Modern - Michelin 2* ( Modern French ) “

3 Likes

'shroomz n eggz. More specifically, seared king trumpet & 1-egg scramble. Tasteee.

9 Likes

Steak and eggs

5 Likes

When ya have oysters for dinner, ya gotta have king oysters for lunch :wink:

7 Likes

Excuse me, but I need to go and find something to wipe my computer screen.

1 Like

King oysters are my favorite mushrooms.

2 Likes

A lunch for the hungry!!

3 Likes

I love basically all mushrooms, so choosing a favorite would be like choosing a favorite cat. Buuuuuut IF I had to…

tied for #1: porcini & chanterelles
#2 king oyster & maitake
#3 oyster & shiitake
#4 morels
#5 woodear
#6 all the rest

Although I have never had the opportunity to try matsutake. Yet (here’s hoping!).

I took you for someone better prepared or, at the very least, not as easily aroused…

Those are HUGE!

Hmmm. Most king oysters I buy are pretty much that size. Like a child’s underarm.

2 Likes

Chilly morning here today so lunch was a grilled cheese sandwich made from a local alpine style cheese (“Clipper”/Birchrun Hills Farm), carmelized onions and very thinly sliced tomato. I should have sliced the tomato a little thicker to have the acid balance for the sweet onions, but a good combo!

5 Likes

Japanese Lunch Today
Beef Curry with Rice and Garnishes, Soy Cured Cucumber, Tamagoyaki, Miso Soup with Leek, Spinach and Tomato.
Overly Documented

14 Likes

Looks delicious!

What caviar do you purchase, Cristina? That looks really good. I am not at all knowledgeable about caviars, just know I like. And would like to purchase. TIA.

1 Like