Lunch 2023 (!)

Salmon salad.

Screenshot 2023-10-09 at 1.25.35 PM

7 Likes
2 Likes

Naps are good! And porridge can be comforting when you aren’t feeling well. I hope you feel better soon.

3 Likes

Today’s lunch was a tomato sandwich. I live on them during the summer and even though the temperature has cooled down I am still in denial. Only three weeks until the end of CSA season :frowning:

8 Likes

:+1::+1::+1:Keep on getting better!

1 Like
1 Like

Pulled pork, coleslaw, sandwich bun (other half not in picture)

7 Likes

Yesterday’s lunch was a veal parmigiana from a nearby deli.

3 Likes

Tuna roll-up from a local grocery. They make the tuna salad from fresh tuna that they steam/cook. It’s entirely different from tuna salad from canned tuna (which I never buy because I like my own tuna salad so much more). Very mild. Almost, but not quite, like chicken salad.

9 Likes

Carne asada burrito

4 Likes

This is one of the most enjoyable lunches I have had for a long while!2023 New York Food Crawl - Day 3......... “ The Modern - Michelin 2* ( Modern French ) “

3 Likes

'shroomz n eggz. More specifically, seared king trumpet & 1-egg scramble. Tasteee.

9 Likes

Steak and eggs

5 Likes

When ya have oysters for dinner, ya gotta have king oysters for lunch :wink:

7 Likes

Excuse me, but I need to go and find something to wipe my computer screen.

1 Like

King oysters are my favorite mushrooms.

2 Likes

A lunch for the hungry!!

3 Likes

I love basically all mushrooms, so choosing a favorite would be like choosing a favorite cat. Buuuuuut IF I had to…

tied for #1: porcini & chanterelles
#2 king oyster & maitake
#3 oyster & shiitake
#4 morels
#5 woodear
#6 all the rest

Although I have never had the opportunity to try matsutake. Yet (here’s hoping!).

I took you for someone better prepared or, at the very least, not as easily aroused…

Those are HUGE!