Lunch 2023 (!)

Toast Skagen again, very easy with precooked shrimp meat.

6 Likes

Yeah, but pasta and a green salad just naturally go together naturally, imho.

1 Like

No roe?

A man needs fish eggs! :yum:

I ran out!

Fish and chips from Tipene’s Takeaway. Auckland, New Zealand. I do not consider myself as a person prone to hyperbole, but these are the best fish and chips I’ve ever eaten in my life. On their recommendation, I chose snapper. Their homemade tartar sauce was redolent with lemon and parsley, and was so bright and fresh tasting. And the chips were amazing as well. Definitely returning before the end of my stay here. (And all of this food cost ~$12USD!)

16 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

Yum

1 Like

Homegrown salad
Teriyaki grilled chicken thighs

8 Likes

Toasted cheese (mozz, aged chedder, smoked gouda) on bread using mayo and grated parm/romano the outside.

The bread was this loaf I made yesterday that reminded me of Edvard Munch’s The Scream.

17 Likes

:drooling_face:

2 Likes

Hot diggity that grilled cheese, tho… :star_struck: :drooling_face: :melting_face:

2 Likes

What were you trying to do there?

1 Like
3 Likes

Last Wednesday I got the notion to see how fast I could make a sourdough-like bread with a deadline of Sunday evening (a daughter was visiting this past weekend and I wanted to send 6 or so slices back with her). I knew it wouldn’t get to real sourdough stage that fast but hoped to get some twang out of it.

So I made a pre-ferment Wednesday evening and fed it twice a day between Thursday and Saturday and once again Sunday morning. On Sunday when I made the bread it did have some sour to it. I was using a recipe that called for an 8-12 hour preferment along with 5 grams of yeast (as doubled).

I hadn’t considered that with such an active and heavily fed sponge, I should have backed off on the yeast when making the dough. Doh!

It was spilling out of the bowl in half the allotted proofing times and did the same thing in the loaf pan.

4 Likes

What an adventure! I’m glad it worked out.

2 Likes

1.PNG

11 Likes

Be still my heart (attack)! How does one eat that? One layer at a time? Like you say, “asking for a friend”.

1 Like

However you, er, your friend wants. :slight_smile:

2 Likes