Lunch 2023 (!)

Strammer Max - open faced sandwich with ham and fried egg on buttered toast. With some tomatoes and cornichons.

8 Likes

Atavistic lunch. Salisbury steak with mushroom sauce and creamed spinach. Tonight, I’m really looking forward to a new episode of the Ernie Kovacs Show.

8 Likes

3 Likes

Which restaurant?

Not at restaurant.

Private wine luncheon in Santa Fe, NM.

Panko crusted cod tacos. Write up is over on the DOTQ Taco thread.

8 Likes

Amazing, authentic Thai at a local temple - a must every time we are down here.

10 Likes

“Kale pork rice” from a Korean stand at the farmer’s market. DELICIOUS.

8 Likes

Molletes - toasted buttered bolillo roll with refried beans and Oaxaca cheese, and salsa Mexicana.

10 Likes

Toasted sourdough with local ricotta and thinly sliced radish. I ve made this 3/4 times recently with different toppings and it has become a favorite. The quality of the ricotta is all important.

We also had a Great Northern bean salad ( made in IP) with a lovely Italian tuna, plus fennel, shallot and parsley. A squeeze of lemon and zest plus a vinaigrette was the dressing. It marinated for20/30 minutes prior to serving, which softened the shallot and fennel.

11 Likes

That salad sounds wonderful!

1 Like

Simple but good! I sometimes add preserved lemon cut in small dice.

1 Like

White beans and tuna go together so well, and I love lemon anything. The shaved fennel is a great addition!

Yes, the fennel is more pleasing than celery. I also had some finishing salts that I added just prior to serving.

1 Like

Grilled rock shrimp and a mahi Reuben. Kind of a spring break tradition now :slight_smile:

10 Likes

Delicious looking!

1 Like

I dream of those shrimp all year long. They’re a bit of a PITA to release from their shells (and a bit alien looking), but the flavor is like nothing else. Just lemon & drawn butter is all you need :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I agree, they are wonderful! But shelling…not so much😂

1 Like

2 Likes

Pad krapow gai - Thai stir fry of chicken and holy basil. With a fried egg and rice.

12 Likes