Lunch 2022

Corn tortilla quesadillas with beans and rice.

11 Likes

BLT minus the B, on cheddar bacon jalapeño sourdough toast with pickled peppers.

13 Likes

So… a PPLT, right? :wink:

I’ll go with that! My neighbor asked me if I wanted some tomatoes she got in Sonoma - turns out her boss has a spread up there and grows tomatoes, etc. from seeds he brought back from Italy. I have no idea what different varieties they are but they are some of the best tomatoes I’ve ever had. I made sauce with a bunch too.

1 Like

Where did you get the sourdough? Did you make it? It sounds wonderful!

No I wish I had those skills. It’s from Rize Up Bakery: https://rizeupsourdough.com

Well, you do have the “B” in your bread …

1 Like

That’s true - small “b” then.

Wow - I just looked at their web site. Their bread looks insane! I just ordered a loaf of the paella bread that I’m going to pick up at the Mill Valley Spanish Table tomorrow. Thanks for the tip. Going to the ST is dangerous. There are so many things there that I like - lemon-stuffed olives especially.

1 Like

I was wondering what to have for lunch when the Pancake Day thread combined with the overgrown scallions on my counter inspired me to make Pajeon / Korean Scallion Pancakes.

13 Likes

And yesterday we had…a little of this and that…

12 Likes

Leftover ‘house special’ fried rice and spicy bok choy with two fried eggs on top. Hit da spotttt.

IMG_0266

11 Likes

Japanese style mapo tofu

8 Likes

My kind of house.

1 Like

6 Likes

And yesterday we had….Roquefort, pear and walnut quiche . I made an einkorn flour crust for the quiche which was delicious! Continuing the “ green theme”, we had the last of the verbena ice cream.

11 Likes

how did your verbena ice cream get so green? when i made it, it was cream-colored. maybe i didn’t use enough verbena…?

To the best of my remembering, I chopped the leaves with the sugar very finely in the processor, added it to cooled milk. It was cobbled together but for sure I did not heat the verbena leaves, so they retained their brighter color.
ETA… I did use a lot of leaves but don’t know quantity.

2 Likes

So I got a loaf of their paella bread. It has chorizo, peppers, garlic confit, etc. in a sourdough base. It was a big loaf, but a little pricy for me. I thought it was good, but probably wouldn’t get it again. Rize Up delivers to the Mill Valley Spanish Table on Wednesdays and Fridays, and I was told that you can order any bread through the RU website and pick it up there. Thanks for letting us know about it. It was fun trying something new.

1 Like

Yeah they’re pricy for sure. I picked one up through the Too Good To Go app at the Olive Oil shop in Noe Valley for $6 and it also included fresh squid ink pasta from Bayview Pasta Co. It’s a big loaf, I slice and freeze it then pull out slices to toast for sandwiches or its really good for dunking in soup.

1 Like