Lunch 2022

More garden gazpacho. This one was Mr Stripey heirlooms and and orange bell peppers from the backyard, plus white peaches, garlic, EVOO and Oloroso sherry.

11 Likes

The last of Labor Day’s lovely baked salmon, plus some sautéed spinach on the side.

10 Likes

Sandwich with mustard, cheddar, salami, soppresatta, prosciutto, lettuce, tomato, onion, mayo, and vinegar, on a baguette.

15 Likes

And today for lunch…tomatoes, tomahtoes, so delicious from the FM.
Roast turkey breast and romaine on a Portuguese roll. Apricot/peach sorbet with berries.

15 Likes

Beautiful lunch - you eat with your eyes first!

1 Like

So true! I like eye candy😁!

2 Likes

Me too, in all things haha!

Well…why not!

1 Like

Soup and a sandwich…gazpacho and a PLT, and a flan for dessert.

13 Likes

PLT? Pork, peanut butter, prosciutto, prunes? :grinning:

Sorry…I had posted a prosciutto /lettuce/tomato a short time ago, so just took a short cut😊. I baked the slices on a sheet pan for a few minutes after I had taken the bread out. I usually just griddle them for a few minutes to crisp them up

Thanks - sounds wonderful!

1 Like

Cascatelli pasta topped with ricotta and Parmesan. Sauce was a mix of shallots, garlic, mushrooms, sausage and a little wine. Some fresh rosemary and marjoram found their way into the sauce as well.

Dessert was raspberry gelato with bittersweet chocolate sauce.

10 Likes

Beef fried rice

12 Likes

Eggplant involtini

10 Likes

Haven’t met an aubergine dish I didn’t like!

3 Likes

The camera eats first here :camera: :plate_with_cutlery:

1 Like

Moroccan pistachio pastries. Turkish style is (very) finely ground, Moroccan is coarse or left whole. Turkish is buttery and overall quality is superior.

Turkish black figs from Bursa are here again. On my second tray this week.

Moroccan fried bread (“Msemmen”) and home-made kumquat marmalade (tart, not sweet).

Full-fat farmer’s quark from the dairy farm

Not Moroccan but from a country that’s no less fascinating.

One of the 4 all-important C’s in the state of Oaxaca: corn, chilli, chocolate, and coffee.

The most well known chocolate producer in Oaxaca state. I spent many happy chocolate drinking hours at Mayodomo shop in the Oaxacan capital.

Pastries and fried bread are from a Moroccan bakery 10km away. The pastries survived the bumpy bike ride home on lousy bike paths that I paid for.

ETA: apologies for the off topic photos :crown:

7 Likes

Yes! In your case, as it should be.

1 Like

Did you make the msemmen yourself? I’ve been thinking about it, but haven’t done it yet.

1 Like