Lunch 2021

It’s a tuna salad on a bed of egg salad (made with gently crushed coddled eggs)

1 Like

Nice, where’s the bagel from?

This one was a plain Wise Sons bagel that I got from Mollie Stone’s. They sell them in packs of 4.

1 Like

Yesterday I combined leftovers to have miso butter shiitake mushrooms with the last of the crustless quiche (savory egg custard?) I made a few days ago.

Eggs were truffled, I thought the mushrooms had too much miso the other day, but somehow it all worked.

I’m back in egg custard mode… between asian versions and quiche, I could eat some every day. I guess there’s also kuku, for a more vegetable forward version.

5 Likes

Chawanmushi and I have a long and happy relationship.

3 Likes

Me too. This was actually quiche filling though - with milk and cheese, and baked.

I had Chawanmushi / chinese steamed eggs a few days earlier and realized I haven’t had quiche in over a year :joy:

I’m just glad to have a use for my ramekins, which came from I don’t even know where.

1 Like

Lunch today - puda (crisp crepes / thin pancakes) made from green moong beans.

I added minced onion, serrano, and cilantro to the batter.

8 Likes

A Few Lunches :slightly_smiling_face:

Green Lentil Fritters

Flatbread Pizza from Mom’s Products at my local Farmers Market, topped w/stuff from my fridge - Vegan Sundried Tomato Cheese Spread, Mom’s Prods. Marinated Favas, Chicken Sausage, Leftover Pan-fried Potatoes, Leftover Lentil Fritter Crumbles, Tomatoes, Pea Greens, EVOO

They stick & seal really well, so hubs, who loves food in burrito form tucked and rolled. :blush:

Szechuan-ish Noodle Salad - Spaghetti, Pea Greens, Persian Cucumbers, Flowering Broccoli, Scallions, Dressing of Tahini, Peanut Butter, Vegenaise, Tamari, TJ’s Chili Onion Crunch, Honey, Dark Sesame Oil, Garlic Oil, Fish Sauce, Lime Juice, Sprinkled w/Sesame Seeds

11 Likes

You’re making me want to start exploring egg custards in the kitchen! :drooling_face:

2 Likes

Wow, need a lunch buddy! :wink:. Looks great!

1 Like

Today was a good lunch day.

6 Likes

Haha… thanks @Rooster! Sometimes it’s just PB&J. But eating better during the day is definitely one of the benefits of now working from home.

1 Like

:wink:. I agree, better eats since cutting back on working.

Lol it does cause me to get in the weeds and work late sometimes… but it’s worth it. :wink: Covid glass half full.

Today’s Lunch

Vegan Lox Spread, Labneh, Persian Cucumber, Red Onion, Sunflower & Radish Sprouts, Dill, Ikura (salmon roe) on Multigrain Porridge Bread.

9 Likes

Very nice; great combination of flavors.

1 Like

Btw… I bought this Scallion Kit from Hamama. Idk if you remember months ago I mentioned having a hard time finding a particular sprout (sunflower) and you rec’d Hamama to grow my own. Well, I found a good sprout vendor at a local farmers market. But! My scallions always go bad before I use them all, so I bought this. Wish me luck.

5 Likes

That’s cool. I saw it advertised in their newsletter. I will enjoy seeing how you make out growing scallions.

1 Like

It’s very easy to grow. Put a few in a cup of water until roots start to grow then put them in a pot or the ground.

Meanwhile in China, they grow it anywhere. Sometimes right next to the highway or busy roads and they are covered in black exhaust and dirt. Terrible.

I start eating when the last green onion ring is removed from my food.

3 Likes

Korean-style roe stew with spicy ssamjang and kimchi. Now I know what I’ll order at the seafood stall in Korea!

Fish are sold with offal either intact or separately. Photos I took at the market in Busan. There are food stalls at the edge of the fish market where you can choose the creatures and they cook them for you. These are the stalls where locals go to, cheaper than in the main building, which is absolutely amazing and very touristy, not to mention the price, but it’s a great experience.

Don’t think fish guts are for me

Huge fresh roe (black lobes). Not sure what kind of fish produces these.

It’s started snowing an hour ago, very dark outside already at 4pm. I have brightened the photo a bit.

5 Likes