Lunch 2021

It’s a tuna salad on a bed of egg salad (made with gently crushed coddled eggs)

1 Like

Nice, where’s the bagel from?

This one was a plain Wise Sons bagel that I got from Mollie Stone’s. They sell them in packs of 4.

1 Like

Yesterday I combined leftovers to have miso butter shiitake mushrooms with the last of the crustless quiche (savory egg custard?) I made a few days ago.

Eggs were truffled, I thought the mushrooms had too much miso the other day, but somehow it all worked.

I’m back in egg custard mode… between asian versions and quiche, I could eat some every day. I guess there’s also kuku, for a more vegetable forward version.

3 Likes

Chawanmushi and I have a long and happy relationship.

3 Likes

Me too. This was actually quiche filling though - with milk and cheese, and baked.

I had Chawanmushi / chinese steamed eggs a few days earlier and realized I haven’t had quiche in over a year :joy:

I’m just glad to have a use for my ramekins, which came from I don’t even know where.

1 Like

Lunch today - puda (crisp crepes / thin pancakes) made from green moong beans.

I added minced onion, serrano, and cilantro to the batter.

2 Likes

A Few Lunches :slightly_smiling_face:

Green Lentil Fritters

Flatbread Pizza from Mom’s Products at my local Farmers Market, topped w/stuff from my fridge - Vegan Sundried Tomato Cheese Spread, Mom’s Prods. Marinated Favas, Chicken Sausage, Leftover Pan-fried Potatoes, Leftover Lentil Fritter Crumbles, Tomatoes, Pea Greens, EVOO

They stick & seal really well, so hubs, who loves food in burrito form tucked and rolled. :blush:

Szechuan-ish Noodle Salad - Spaghetti, Pea Greens, Persian Cucumbers, Flowering Broccoli, Scallions, Dressing of Tahini, Peanut Butter, Vegenaise, Tamari, TJ’s Chili Onion Crunch, Honey, Dark Sesame Oil, Garlic Oil, Fish Sauce, Lime Juice, Sprinkled w/Sesame Seeds

2 Likes
“Food is a pretty good prism through which to view humanity.”

― Jonathan Gold