Lunch 2020

Visually breathtaking; both edible and natural.

“Carnitas” tacos, actually fried up pork rillettes

10 Likes

Ribeye steak, sautéed mushrooms, spring mix and cherry tomato salad, mashed Yukon gold potato.

11 Likes

Breakfast tacos with cheese, eggs, onions, and mushrooms.

8 Likes

Nice combo.

2 Likes

Gyudon, salad, miso soup.

6 Likes

Bit of homemade this and that to use up. Oven dried baby tomatoes, homemade hummus with celery and cukes, home grown micro greens and a grilled dog.

8 Likes

I’m up to my ears in chives (not complaining, though). Enjoying the blooms in everything, including chimichurri.

Swabian dumplings with Wurst. The Wurst is not bangers kind of Wurst, it’s cooked and sometimes smoked. If you do an image search using this term “Schwäbische Wurstknöpfle” you’ll see some photos of the Wurst.

Still haven’t seen this Swabian home-style dish on menus yet.

So far…

Noodles with pan-toasted prawn roe. Quickly toasting the roe in a dry pan brings our the hidden intensity.

Wanted to make dumplings to go with this meal but hadn’t any dumpling wrappers in the freezer. Used Peking duck pancakes, brushed with plenty of beaten eggs to seal (otherwise they wouldn’t). Then cooked in a pan gyoza style (fried then steamed). No dumpling wrappers, no problem!

And lastly, some radishes from the garden.

6 Likes

Peking duck pancakes…I’m on my way!

I also use Peking duck pancakes in place of tortillas. The “tortillas” we have here are nothing like tortillas in Mexico. They are thick and pasty, not to mention hard and not chewy.

2 Likes

Yesterday’s lunch - duck confit leg from the freezer with salad and potatoes sautéed in some of the fat from the confit.

7 Likes

Cochinita pibil using this recipe from Rick Bayless, only in the oven.

https://www.rickbayless.com/recipe/slow-cooked-achiote-pork/

9 Likes

Veg mood.
Pre roasted Tricolor carrots, broccoli salad.

5 Likes

Wish I could eat lunches like all of yours during the week.:yum:
__

Potted various things for garden picnic:

Pâtés, North Sea shrimp, tomatoes etc.

For the shrimp I rendered Iberico fat this time. Normally I use ghee/clarified butter. So glad I brought back enough Iberico charcuterie to last many meals.

Have had this Belgian cookery book for a long time but only started doing real reading. I did it once years ago but was not too impressed. Also, maybe because I didn’t like her style.

I’m not the only one around here who’s enjoying the chives and their blooms. The bees come every day.

Mummy, mummy! Look, I can eat by myself! (Juveniles scream all day at their parents wanting to be fed. Their parents have stopped feeding them recently.)

Always observing (just like me). My resident robin sheltering from the wind.

6 Likes

That meal! That last photo!

Thanks, Rooster!
__

Minimalist Banh Mi. I didn’t even have any coriander in the house. Kimchi on the side.

Another batch of radi

Good things come in small packages…

Taxman be like “We need more money. Besides, you are not travelling anywhere anytime soon so hand it over.”
Come and get it, taxman.

2009 and 2008, x2.

More garden birds

Gotta reach that itch! (He’s just preening.)

Old Boy is trying to keep cool by puffing out feathers so circulating air can reach the skin.

His child would rather go for a dip

9 Likes

That’s a lotta Dom! I have on older bottle that I’ve been holding for a special occasion. With the way the world is going on 2020, I probably should plan to drink it soon. :grimacing:

Totally going to do a fried chicken meal when we open it.

2 Likes

Grilled hot dogs, pickles, chips, and some green salad guacamole. Fruit for after.
My dog had mustard, tomatoes, pickles, and sauerkraut.

9 Likes

I already had 2 of the 2008 but found out the local wine shop also had the 2009 version so I snatched 2 of those, too.

It’s a beautiful day in these extraordinary times. “Today” is as good as any to enjoy it.

2 Likes

Here is my Lunch menu today:blush:

Simple And Delicious Rice With Masoor dall and Baingun Bhaja(Brinjal)

Interesting Recipes

8 Likes