Lunch 2020

Tacos al pastor.

8 Likes

Perfect plate for some good-looking tacos!

1 Like

Taco tic-tac-toe :mexico:

2 Likes

Tic-tac-tacos! how beautiful.

1 Like

Can you direct me to more info about aguachile oysters? Not that I will wait. Sounds perfect!

Here’s something !
And here.
I’ve got everything but the cucumber.

Why is it obvious? I haven’t given up my plans for fall travel just yet. Sigh.

I got the idea for aguachile using other seafod from the aguachile I ate in Mexico. No serrano chillies but I had lots of yellow (long) peppers so I used those. Cucumber is traditional but I think some other crunchy and refreshing vegs are fine. I would use radishes.

Some aguachile in Mexico

Another yellowtail aguachile

Re travel, too much of a hassel in the first phases of measures being lifted. There will be long queues everywhere and we are still not sure yet how safe it will be in autumn or even winter. I’m respiratory sensitive and that places me in the high-risk catergory. The thought of being stuck at home at christmas depresses me (I don’t do christmas).

4 Likes

Great idea!

All about the egg

6 Likes

Sandwich fail X 2…

My favorite Bologna is Eckrich, Thick Sliced. Sometimes I err. and buy the Regular Slice pack. The two are like Siblings–same family, very different “character”. I’m working with the Regular Slice package and doubling up the slices. Plus adding a slice of Sargento’s Baby Swiss Cheese. Twice I fried up the Balogna and cheese, then sandwiched it between nice slices of bakery bread and grilled the sandwiches in a frying pan. One sandwich was on Polish Rye, the second, on Potato Bread.

Unfortunately, neither sandwich delivered. All protein. No taste. Pretty picture tho.

2 Likes

Lobsta

6 Likes

@RedJim, why not try a different brand of all the ingredients.

Nice one, @Rooster. Lobsters or the meat are not readily available here, but I have access to North Sea brown crabs. Will have to do.

_ _

Chestnut mushrooms, home-made Jersey cow’s milk ricotta and sous vide confit yolks.

Can’t really sit in the garden lately. I have a family of great tits and a family of blackbirds in the garden. Have to sit inside and spy on them most of the time. I think their parents will leave them to their own devices any day now. The parents stay with the juveniles for 2 weeks (after leaving the nest) teaching them how to eat and find food, shelter etc. Then they disappear. The kids still keep calling and acting dumb for another week until they realise the parents are never coming back and they simple have to get on with their new young lives.

Baby great tit has my RBF.

3 of the 5 great tit juveniles.

3 in my lilac.

They take over my garden table and crap all over it. Grrr…

Next to a life-size plastic crow.

7 Likes

Asparagus and potato soup with Jersey cow’s milk. North Sea shrimp (Crangon crangon) provide all the salty, (high in) iodine taste.

A juvenile blackbird came up to my window. When she could see inside and saw me looking at her she freaked out.

Father teaches the kid how to eat a grape. I always buy extra fruits to share with the garden birds.

Only the other day they didn’t know how to bathe. They jumped from one side to the other and looked at the water like “wazziz?”.

They know how to use the bath now.

8 Likes

@Presunto
Good suggestion. TY. The bread I’ve been using is terrific–no matter the type it is. No need to swap that out.

I’ll be doing a deli run later this week. I’ll study the cold cut selections more closely and try a couple of different Bologna and cheese options…

2 Likes

Love your photos!

Thanks, both!

Oh Rooster, last year I did make my version of Nadiya’s filled tortillas for this lunch.

7 Likes

Incredible!

That looks like anda (egg) paratha (I fudge them with tortillas) or jian bang!

1 Like

Reuben. Unfortunately no Rye
on hand so whole wheat. I

7 Likes

Cauliflower curried, with ginger and fresh lime juiced on top.

8 Likes

Biscuits and gravy, and scrambled eggs.

4 Likes