What's for Lunch 2019

Gorgeous!

2 Likes

Lunch was “sink” tacos. Toasted corn tortillas filled with leftover smoked chicken, tomatoes and pepper jack cheese and green tomatillo salsa

1 Like

Muy difernete… pero belissimo!!!

Also next to the sink (right after photo was taken).

Corn-seaweed cakes with cured salmon.

(Thanks, Phreddy!)

5 Likes

Yesterday’s BLTs using my mom’s tomatoes and lettuce. HUGE YUM.

12 Likes

Was inspired by @mariacarmen’s melting potatoes from WFD and made some. Easy and delicious. Also heated up a defrosted duck confit leg from the freezer and steamed some broccolini.

9 Likes

If I have gained weight lately it’s not hard to pinpoint the exact culprit. I got through 5 trays of figs in so short a time! Like asparagus, the fig season is so short.

With cheese, briefly under the grill.

Dipped in pure chocolate, then ground pistachio. Drizzled with honey and more pistachio. White flakes are coconut.

Mini Flammkuchen

A tray of figs, times 5.

7 Likes

Amazingly inspirational. Beautiful photos.

Thank you, señor Rooster. The extra calories are worth it.

1 Like

What do you think of David Chang saying hothouse tomatoes are best for BLTs? I sooo disagree!

2 Likes

That is straight up blasphemy. I really reserve a BLT for when I have prime, fat heirloom tomatoes from my mom. Without a perfect tomato, I don’t see the point.

2 Likes

gorgeous!

1 Like

Molinari special, mustard oil, vinegar and roast peppers, no mayo.

6 Likes

I didn’t know you guys have a thread specifically for lunch haha…

@Presunto your food pics are gorgeous! Am amazed with the dishes you cook for every week. I suppose you have easy access to the ingredients? Seems a little challenging since Singapore imports most of the raw ingredients from the neighboring countries.

Here’s my lunch today - salmon, scrambled egg (should have used two eggs instead of one), bacon, blanched broccoli, shiitake topped with freshly grated parmesan. If only I had some buttered toast on hand.

5 Likes

Cuban style roast pork from the freezer, sauteed red onion, frozen spinach sautéed with garlic, and an egg.

6 Likes

Lot of flavors going on here. :ok_hand:

1 Like

Yes. I live in a small country (Canada is about 200 times bigger) which is one of the world’s top agricultural producing countries. Second only to the US to be precise.

Also in this one of the world’s richest countries (we pay taxes through the nose for others as well) we have 10% of the population living in “poverty”. Note that “poverty” in rich western countries is different. They have cars, a roof over their heads, cigarettes, food, new smart phones every couple of months, TV channels, beer, children, go on holidays etc. Meanwhile we have no car, no children, nothing but our own house and work for the taxman. Petro price per litre is on par with Norway, where it is the most expensive. But food product costs are generally lower than other western countries being the producer and and shorter transport distance.

1 Like

Made some Polish style cabbage rolls last night using this recipe:

https://www.jennycancook.com/recipes/cabbage-rolls/

(And yes, that is former Jerry Springer-esque daytime talk show host Jenny Jones).

Fried some up today for lunch along with some onions.

9 Likes

Pic 4 is a thing of beauty!

1 Like

Is that the pork cooked in sour oranges and garlic - and if so do you have a good recipe?