Local Smoke BBQ in Red Bank

Not open yet …

And since I know you eat late lunches, maybe we can meet up one day. I pass by there just before 3 every day. I wish the school system allowed me to leave for an hour or so earlier.

I just tried Local Smoke at Neptune the past weekend. I thought it was great will definitely return.

Jersey Shore BBQ at EB is targeted to open on March 2nd according to their website.

2 Likes

@yuppicide (or anyone else, for that matter), do you know if the Wrightstown one is connected to the Neptune or Red Bank restaurants? That seems like a big distance, and I thought the RB location was their second one…

1 Like

Don’t quote me on this but I think the original was out in Cookstown and Neptune was the second.

I’ve talked to these folks and they are passionate about their craft…very cool people.

1 Like

Cookstown was the original. I used to compete against Steve in KCBS when he started Fat Angel (not very well though) and I agree they are great people and very passionate. Always willing to give advice as well !

@CurlzNJ All related. I meant Cookstown, guess it’s close to Wrightstown. Anyway, they have Neptune, Redbank, and Cookstown.

They make two BBQ sauces. One of them is amazing… the one they put on their jalapeno poppers is my favorite.

I doubt I would get one with other great options there, but has anyone had the burger? I wasnt impressed with the dog. It was not bad, but nothing special.

The one in red bank has three… Regular, spicy and Carolina style. I think jsbbq has 5 or maybe 6.

Thanks! I always thought Neptune was the original location; had no idea!

Yep just picked up another pig out platter, good as ever! Asked for a cup of chili but they didn’t have it tonight. One negative they forgot one of my sides in my to go.

@corvette_johnny I got the mac bites for my daughter, big hit! (I tried a bite, I can see them becoming addictive)

Oh man I was right down the road at the Mexican international place for some al pastor tacos tonight. When I passed LS I saw the parking lot was pretty filled up…good to see.

And yes…those mac bites are pretty damn good!

1 Like

i had the mac bite too, it was awesome.

I went to the Neptune location on the Sunday during President’s Day weekend. We dined in but people were constantly coming in and out non-stop for take out.

1 Like

They had a new side tonight…Fried Brussel sprouts with sweet and spicy chili. They were really good and I’m not a Brussel sprout guy. These sounded good and the manager recommended them. It was a hearty portion too.

1 Like

Um, that’s an outright copy of the sprouts at JSBBQ.

2 Likes

A bbqed brussel sprout war looming?
Who needs Iron Chef when you got this?
:slight_smile:

1 Like

Are the ones there prepared in the same fashion? I haven’t been to jsbbq in a while but I’m a huge fan.

I could be mistaken, but I believe they are coated with Mae Ploy sweet chili sauce. The ones at JSBBQ are different. But fried sprouts are always good no matter what you pair them with.

1 Like

Seal how long have the sprouts been at LS? They aren’t on the menu and the manager said they were a special.

Has anyone tried the candied yams on special?

I wish they had some gravy to go along with the garlic mashed potato.

Enjoyed lunch at Local Smoke BBQ while in downtown Red Bank today; ate at a table in dining area, had the beef brisket burnt ends sandwich with a side dish of cole slaw and their house barbecue sauce — as usual, most excellent food and a good value for the price along with efficient prompt friendly service. Been a customer of LS for awhile now going back a few years to the Neptune City location…my favorite BBQ restaurant in the area :grinning:

9 Likes

First time trying out Local Smoke. Plated Brisket, Pork, Ribs, Smoked Jalapeno Poppers, Wings, Coleslaw and some Pico from La Chapparita. Pico, poppers and wings were tops.

10 Likes