Let's talk Turkey sandwiches

Sourdough bread, mustard, leftover turkey shredded, a little cranberry, romaine lettuce.

1 Like

Sliced sourdough, mayo, turkey, dill pickles!

2 Likes

Soft marble rye on which I layer:
Mashed cranberry sauce
Mashed garlic potatoes, warmed by heated turkey drippings
Slice dark meat turkey heated by turkey gravy
Classic bread stuffing
Minced pearl roasted onions

Piled high w a cold beer. Ahhh!

4 Likes

Leftover T-Day or rotisserie turkey breast, or deli-thin low sodium turkey breast. A few favorites - turkey, apple, brie panini with a smear of Dijon mustard. Fruit salad, Limon chips or red dill potato salad on the side. Turkey BLTs with avocado. Spinach or arugula instead of lettuce when I have it. Turkey, provolone, havarti, muenster, or Swiss with tomato and mayo on toasted whole wheat or ciabatta. Turkey & fig jam sandwiches.

3 Likes

When I saw this thread, which happens to be right ahead of Thanksgiving in USA, I immediately supposed the issue to be home-cooked turkey. But, that not being wholly the case, the best deli turkey I know is Boar’s Head.

Still, what sets my heart aflame is a family concoction–I’m not sure if it’s prevalent–where you basically make a sandwich out of most of a typical American table spread. Hearty bread with thick chunks of turkey, mashed potatoes, stuffing (very important), warmed gravy, and even some sides, including cranberry. I guess it’s an open-faced turkey sandwich just without the opened part… The stuffing really makes it, plus the freshly cooked turkey.

3 Likes

It sounds like you might be a fan of this style. I’ve had one and it is good! This place is near me.

1 Like

Damn…I tanked over a half pound today for lunch (just meat with a little black pepper…good stuff!)

1 Like

The Speakeatery is great but I’ve never had this sandwich. I do use leftover stuffing, mixed with egg, to make waffles as the base of a hot turkey sandwich on occasion.

I used to own a sandwich/sub shop. The most popular sandwich on black Friday was our Turkey Trot - named after a beloved local run held the weekend before Thanksgiving.

3 Likes

That sounds good!

That sandwich is good but expensive.

It’s a good way to sell waffle makers on Black Friday.

I won’t get to Great Harvest Bread Company for stuffing bread this month, so the sandwich will be on Wegmans honeycrisp apple bread. (I use apple in poultry stuffing, or both cider and broth to moisten it. )

1 Like

Looks awesome!