Let's talk Turkey sandwiches

I’m lucky enough to have it distributed to several grocery stores in MA, where I live. Not everything is stocked, but there’s enough choices for me to be able to enjoy it on a regular basis (sourdough almost always seems to be available). They distribute to many supermarkets in New England, NY and NJ.

There’s a retail store in Newburyport, about 45 minutes from where I live, but I always forget to check them out when I’m near there.

https://sendbread.com/retail-locations/

Ah, for some reason I thought you were on the west coast. I really need to stop there - I pass it on my way to Ogunquit. Thanks!!

1 Like

When I was up in Maine (Route 1 antiquing) last Friday, I almost stopped at the Kittery store - but was tired at that point and just wanted to get home through Friday traffic. My problem is I’d want to buy multiple loaves…and it’s just me at home - I’d never get through it all! LOL

2 Likes

I actually brought home bread from a breakfast place we love in Ogunquit. I put it on the freezer and took out pieces as I needed them and toaster them from frozen. It was great. Next year I’ll do more than 1 loaf.

2 Likes

My favorite is surely T-day leftover on a Thomas’ English Muffin w/ mayo, & Ocean Spray cranberry sauce. For a non-November sandwich, I’ve got to say that I really love the Boar’s Head No Salt Added Turkey Breast. It has replaced Oven Gold on my shopping list for the foreseeable future.

49%20PM

I ask that the deli counter attendant slice it a bit thick at a #3 setting. I feel this product is the best at approximating home roasted turkey. Oh and BTW, I then add salt to the sandwich…

It’s also great for one’s hot open turkey & gravy cravings.

I did also really like the Jamaican Jerk seasoned turkey; but it seems this has been discontinued.

2 Likes

My favorite turkey sandwich is made at my beloved New Monmouth Diner. It is called the “Calvert” Panini. Turkey, bacon, avocado, melted cheddar cheese, and a lathering of chipotle sauce on perfectly crisp brick oven bread.

But if I am at home or ordering a cold sub, I can be picky. I can’t have cheese and mayo on the same sandwich. :nauseated_face: I do not know why. So, option 1 for me is turkey, American or Swiss, L/T/O, O/V. Option 2 would be turkey, L/T/O, mayo, O/V (I like the acidity of the vinegar and creaminess of the mayo). I’ll throw some bacon on there occasionally, but no bacon and cheese at the same time for a cold sub. Call me weird.

I’m not really a fan of mayo much at all. Circumstances must be right. Definitely on a BLT but not much else.

4 Likes

So I tried the aloha Turkey tonight. It honestly was good! There is a tiny bit of sweetness, much less than I expected. It is just a thin coating on the outside. You cant even see any crust,bark, rub…whatever you want to call it. It looks like a regular Turkey breast. Here is the kicker, you can actually taste the hibiscus. I swear…definitely an interesting novelty Turkey.

3 Likes

Evil genius

1 Like

Please make me one while you’re at it - yum!

I also make brownies in my waffle iron. Lots of crispy end pieces.

5 Likes

Of course I would! I’d have you sit down with your feet up on my deck. I’d pour you a nice glass of white wine and bring you the sandwich accompanied by some of our good seasonal fruit or a few chips perhaps.

1 Like

I’m drooling!

A pic I just took. Notice no major spices on the outside…

4 Likes

And probably because of this thread, I just heard a commercial for Boar’s Head Aloha Sunshine Turkey Breast on the radio yesterday. Usually I tune out when commercials come on, but this one I heard. LOL

1 Like

Give it a shot. I liked it. In fact, I wish someone would have just let me try it and I didnt know the name of it. I think people will associate the name with tons of sweet pineapple flavor, but it is far from that. Just ask the deli person for a slice or two. They always help me out.

1 Like

And it does say “sweet” and “savory” on the label. Thanks for the recommendation.

I’m in!

Thanksgiving turkey (white meat, thick slices) with lots of mayo, pepper, and sweet onion, on French bread. That’s it.

3 Likes

Wow I just found this turkey and love it! Bacon encrusted Turkey from kretschmar. I would recommend this to any turkey and bacon fans. See bottom of pic

4 Likes

Sadly, they don’t sell this brand where I live