Let's talk lobster [NJ]

FYI this week Shoprite has them for $5.99lbs

1 Like

This is what winning looks like folks!

1 Like

What kind of rub is on that beast? Looks great and maybe coffee enhanced.

1 Like

We’ve got some salt, pepper, garlic and onion powder finished with espresso. (thanks to you I started playing around with that)

1 Like

That looks awesome! I hope it was half as good as it looked.

1 Like

It was delicious! The lobsters were small, what’s the smallest they can sell them at 1lbs? I boiled then finished in the oven, some of the tail meat really shrunk up.

You know, I love enormous bones as much as the next homosexual caveman, but isn’t that just a waste? You could make some delicious stock with all that bone.

1 Like

It is completely ridiculous, especially if you were to actually figure it out, I probably paid $ 15-$20 for the bone. However it gives the “wow” factor to guests so it’s cheaper than hiring a magician for the night.

1 Like

We bought 4 lobsters on sale at Fairway at $5.99 a pound. Tonight Mrs. P made a deconstructed lobster taco with corn, jalapenos, homegrown basil, tomatoes, arugula, homemade guacamole, red onions, lime juice, olive oil, red wine vinegar, and blue corn tortilla chips. It was a perfect summer dish. We still have 2 lobsters left for another creative dinner tomorrow night.

4 Likes

Mrs. P should open up a restaurant.

2 Likes

Maybe you can go partners with her😉 You have some serious cooking skills yourself, Greg.

1 Like

Well thank you, sir. That would definitely be interesting to see! Please give Mrs. P. my compliments.

1 Like

I can’t say I’ve had lobster nachos, but those do look very interesting and tasty.

Thanks Greg. I will.

1 Like

Well, it’s more like a deconstructed taco, as opposed to nachos. There wasn’t any melted cheese in it. If you put it all together you would have a lobster taco. It was very tasty, though.

When I see any tortilla chips I think nachos lol :slight_smile:

Either way, the ingredients are there to make some delicious food and maybe I will have to try this one day. Looks delicious

1 Like

Think about this cj. Fresh jumbo lump blue crab nachos with just cheese, crab, refried beans, and peppers. We get the beans on the side so they don’t dilute the crab and soften the tortilla chips and the Wifeacita thinks they’re about as good as it gets.

We’re minimalist on nachos down in Texas as the original were invented just across the Mexican border with just cheese and nachos and good Tex-Mex places serve it that way with maybe one meat.

El Tiempo Houston also does fresh crab enchiladas and quesadillas with bacon although I feel it overpowers the crab.

Come on down we’ll take care of you.

www.eltiempocantina.com/

Thanks cj.

Tonight, with the other two lobsters, Mrs. P made a very decadent Lobster and shrimp pappardelle Thermidor. It was basically the same million ingredients, that are used in a lobster Thermidor, with pappardelle pasta added (including heavy cream, brandy, white wine, garlic, fresh tarragon, dijon mustard, and so on).

6 Likes

I’ve never had crab nachos but I don’t think there is much crab meat can’t enhance!

I need to experiment with my crab meat, but I just like the old bay steamed crabs so much that I rarely change things up.