Let's talk lobster [NJ]

Boondock’s in Red Bank is open for the season. I haven’t checked this out yet but they run a special of 2 lobsters, corn, potatoes for $26.95 Tuesdays - Thursdays after 4 PM.

If anyone is interested in getting the excellent lobster roll and/or other lobster-related items from Cousins Maine Lobster during this holiday weekend, the truck will be in Old Bridge today, 11:30 am - 4 pm, and at the Colts Neck Distillery, 5-10 pm; Sat.-Mon., in Bradley Beach and at the Jersey Shore Food Festival in Monmouth Park. For those hours, check the website (click Freehold on the truck list).

cousinsmainelobster.com

1 Like

@NotJrvedivici

Been there done that!

I presume you’re referring to the lobster roll? You didn’t like it?

The Colts Neck Distillery / Muckleye in general, although Cousin’s Lobster truck was there for my one and only visit to the distillery it was the “highlight” of the night. Pricey but the food was good. Not good enough though that I would bother with going to the Distillery for it, though I assume you can just walk up and take home as I/we did.

The lobster roll is one of the best we’ve had, and the chowder is terrific.

We’re going to the Old Bridge truck for lunch this afternoon. The very first time we went, it was before cold weather set in, and they had one high top table outside the truck. Now that the warm weather is here, perhaps they’ll put out a table or two though I don’t recall if there were seats. If there are tables but they’re standing only, we’ll take the food back to the house and eat on our patio.

Update: We completely forgot about horrible holiday traffic on Route 9, so we nixed our plan for Cousins Maine Lobster.

I was just in ShopRite to rectify another price discrepancy from a home shopping order. While at the customer service counter, a woman inline behind me raved about how delicious the lobsters were. (Ironically, I bought Angus Prime NY strips and got home to find yet again I was overcharged.)

I really think they are still struggling at finding great staffing at that location.

My pal @Ejebud has a Facebook live tomorrow night that some of you may be interested in:

1 Like

What do you think? I might have to try one

Fyi, lobsters are on sale for 6.99 again starting today at shoprite.

2 Likes

I had a lobster salad sandwich at off the hook in the highlands yesterday. The menu stated that it would be on a roll but I was still surprised. Bit too salty. I’m a lobster roll purist so I won’t order it again. But a super hearty portion. I didn’t look at the tab so no idea how much it cost. For 3 adults, a kids meal and 4 beers it was about $80 (pre tip).

I sure hope one of the adults had 2 beers

3 Likes

Pret had lobster rolls (well, on a round brioche roll) last summer - the were quite good, and surprisingly affordable at $10.

No, the kiddo had all 4 beers and then drove us home. She is a little short but I do the pedals while she steers!

9 Likes

5 Likes

I made a lobster roll because I had LEFTOVER LOBSTER. :scream::scream::scream:

6 Likes

That looks yummy. How was your trip?