Let's talk crab [NJ]

Holy mackerel that’s one ugly bug.

1 Like

Well crabbing was off last night. However, if anyone is in the mood, dungies are on sale at shoprite. I just tanked a few. So good! I love those things. I have some heaps crab shell blackfish chum ready for the season :slight_smile:

1 Like

I saw those yesterday, my favorites … but I only eat them when I’m in CA

Yes they are !!! Dungies = Delishus !!!

Dungeness Crab feeds are a big deal in Washington State when these first come into season in March.

For some reason, they are really popular with local Democratic Party organizations.

Comments about you are what you eat have naturally therefore been self censored from this post.

I got the itch to get some last week.
With apologies to that Nobu guy. Tog, ponzu, jalapeno, lime.

2 Likes

Nice…how did that come out Tom?

That’s what I’m talking about! Giant King Crab Legs.

2 Likes

If you are a raw fish guy, tog and black seabass are hard to beat. I enjoy it.

So has anyone been into any good crab or crab cakes lately? I had some cakes at Harborside tonight and these were actually pretty decent for an 11 dollar app. They weren’t incredible but for 11 bucks I thought they were pretty decent. Calamari was rubbery as hell :confused:

Well it isn’t crab season yet but I’m hoping the warm weather is around the corner.

I had a nice crab stuffed lobster tail last week and I talked to my uncle today. He got a 210.00 box of Kings today at costco and hopefully I’m going to tank some down tomorrow.

Any good crab dishes folks?

I found this article interesting yet not too surprising. Blue claw meat is insane. Yes it is hard as hell to get but nothing is quite like it.

1 Like

How man lbs was that?

If it’s the same box I saw at Hazlet, it was a 10 lb box. They also had 10 lbs ofcold water tails for the same price. 5 tails in the box.

Anyone know what Restaurant Depot is getting for king crab…if they get them?

Uh hey… so you guys need any help with those crab legs?

1 Like

Yes 10lbs. He said they are monsters so those jumbos do cost more.

Joon head on over!

We might cook some up tonight. We haven’t opened them up. We just got a few stripers. @tomt

5 Likes

Ponte Vecchio in Old Bridge had a good crab cocktail appetizer, but have not been there in a couple of years.

1 Like

Nice. I’m jumping on a Brielle boat tomorrow for tog.

Sweet. What boat? Good luck Tom.

Kenny is running open on the mimi. Figure I’ll give it a shot before it closes at the end of the month.

Edit:I guess it’s technically a Point boat

Other than Crab Shack by Mantalooking (and some Asian markets), are there any place where I can get good quality blue crabs (steamed or live)?