Let's talk crab [NJ]

Judge was feeling especially crabby that session.

4 Likes
2 Likes

We had something similar in Texas but the guy got class c misdemeanors which is like a traffic ticket, a bunch of them but no jail time. Yes it seems excessive.

A pet peeve of mine is when somebody shoots at a person, misses and gets off lightly for being a bad shot.

This guy was 75 and got jail time, this puts holes in my plan of knocking over a few banks and dealing drugs when I get to that age and getting off free because I have no criminal record.

3 Likes

DARN! And it sounded like a rock solid retirement plan, too!

2 Likes

Never give up on your dreams !!!

1 Like

First Ho’down road trip? @corvette_johnny fire up the vette we are heading west!!!

https://abc7chicago.com/food/crab-cellar-offers-limitless-crab-legs-burgers-in-lincoln-park/5106456/

I don’t even know what to say. Chicago has some rockin food! This place looks like a ton a fun.

2 Likes

$69 is pretty hard to believe, no idea where they are sourcing it from to still be making a profit.

We had a place in Houston that had all you can eat lobster plus grilled mahi and boiled shrimp.

I maxed out at five plus the other stuff.

This was about fifteen years ago at the bargain price of 45 dollars.

The only place in NJ that I know of with a lobster buffet is the Manor in West Orange. It’s a top notch buffet they have been putting out for 40+ years on Friday nights. It isn’t a bargain at last I checked I think it was $65 or $75 per person.

2 Likes

Hmmmm…I might have to move to Spain to help fix this problem :wink:

4 Likes
2 Likes

I was in RD yesterday and they had some softies for sale too.

For any crab fans, the new deadliest catch season starts tonight.

Just happened upon this article and thought of you @corvette_johnny (see how I tagged you???). Hope it’s a good season for you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/local/chesapeake-bay-blue-crabs-are-at-their-most-plentiful-in-seven-years-scientists-say/2019/05/06/9c7ab8c4-7024-11e9-9f06-5fc2ee80027a_story.html?fbclid=IwAR1iXdW3OY6Rd5JJFZiTw4HS6A0vvQPPMKVtXWWXp8dwaKRy_S2VOQn5kwo&utm_term=.64e4ae719f64

3 Likes

This is good news. My theory is the very mild winter will bring a good season this year…at least I hope.

2 Likes

Had an excellent soft shell crab today at UJ’s Bistro in Hazlet. Mom and grandma both wanted Chinese and in this weather wanted to stay close to home.

It was deep fried and covered in a sweet chili sauce. Served cut into four pieces. Delicious!

7 Likes

My work with Brookdale on Sandy Hook started up this week. Happy to report TONS of tiny, baby crabs in our seining nets. A good sign for the season to come.

7 Likes

This is great news. Fingers crossed!

1 Like