Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

BBQ Boy,

Thank you and have a great Sunday.

Linda Whit,

Thank you and best wishes for a nice day.

Wallace Reads Alot,

Thank you and nice Sunday wishes …

Thank you Brisket 44 …

Have a fabulous Sunday.

Last Man Standing,

Thank you and all my best wishes for a lovely Sunday.

1 Like

You’re good!

1 Like

Have a great week ahead.
Thank you !

I miss the old (really active) Chowhound! In fact I wore my Chowhound tshirt to Bootcamp this morning.

3 Likes

Our daughter (a twin) will be starting her sophomore year as a Design major at USC!

1 Like

If we’re talking really old, then yes. Once those dipshit mods showed up and randomly deleted things and banned users, not so much.

I left in '15 after one too many kindergarten-level exchanges with “Marcy.”

6 Likes

New to Hungry Onion but not new to Discourse-based forums as this is number 18 or 19 of the active Discourse communities I am in but not always known as ThePatheticBaker. Was directed here by a user over on Eat Your Books.

1. Where am I?
    London, the original one and only.
  2. What food-related topic are you most passionate about …
    The user ID gives it away. I bake. Mostly bread but branching out to cakes, biscuits, patisserie, pies, pizzas. Basically anything that can be said to be “baked”.
  3. What’s a great food experience you have had?
    Eating renstek in Stockholm with my then colleauges (now friends).
  4. A little tidbit about you
    Once applied for The Great British Bake Off but never got a response.
12 Likes

Greetings, and welcome!

Will look forward to (hopefully) seeing you on the monthly What Are You Baking? and quarterly Baking Cookbook of the Month (sic) threads.

2 Likes

Welcome! I visited London for the first time last fall and really enjoyed my time there.

2 Likes

Hi! I’m new here. Someone mentioned Hungry Onion on EYB so here I am.

1. Where am I?
    CT!
  2. What food-related topic are you most passionate about …
    Usually pasta. Obsessed with collecting recipes.
  3. What’s a great food experience you have had?
    When I was maybe 4-5 years old, my Italian immigrant grandparents cooked a lamb’s head and offered me some brains to eat. It was delicious and I can still remember the taste.
  4. A little tidbit about you
    I am in the process of acquiring my Italian citizenship, so I will have dual US/Italian citizenship!
17 Likes

Welcome!

3 Likes

Welcome to HO, @lollie424!

1 Like

My accents are unusual. Growing up in a military family and moving all the time I can, and usually do, affect a neutral newscaster accent, but I spent enough time in Virginia to acquire a Virginia accent, and it often comes out in certain words…about, again, and err in particular. My father came by an almost, but not quite, mid-Atlantic accent in San Francisco. Often living in places only a brief while, I became subconsciously adept at picking up accents very quickly…New York, LA, Ireland, London, and so on. When I am super relaxed (in my cups), an Irish accent is extremely natural. All that said, I have been in Texas long enough to slip into it. When I was in the Navy I learned that Texas accents rubbed off on many non-Texans. I find it interesting that the Brits have had so much more time to clip and trim their pronunciations, yet we rarely avail ourselves. My French and Spanish accents are quite good.

6 Likes

I live on Hawaii Island, Kona-side on Hualalai Mountain, having moved from Oakland.
Cooking/dining out can be challenging but living in Hawai’i makes it all worthwhile. What’s life without challenges?
There are many hidden gems, just not always around the corner.

16 Likes

Welcome!

Thank you!