Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

(blush)

2 Likes

Hi another refugee from Chowhound here. I cant bear thinking there is no place online where I can discuss food and worthwhile restaurants anymore, so here I am. Former enthusiast of the CH Outer Boroughs, Home Cooking and Italy Boards (and wherever else my travels take me) Finding some surprisingly good Indian food in Columbus Ohio area for example!

Would love to see more Italy and other International action on HO!

17 Likes

Jen, I enjoyed reading your posts on CH.

3 Likes

Welcome to HO, @JenKalb! I remember your posts on the Home Cooking board on CH; itā€™s a well-used board here on HO as well.

6 Likes

Welcome Jen. I hope the Italy ā€œboardā€ takes off and gathers posters the way the France board has. But, it sure seems that we have reached critical mass on the NYC contingent & especially my fellow Brooklynites. Maybe thisā€™ll turn out well after all.

3 Likes

Hey Jen! Glad to see you here.

1 Like

Iā€™m happy to see you here, @JenKalb . @damiano is here, as well.

Hope to see more posts about Italy, too!

I copied and pasted my 2018 report from Umbria and Tuscany over here, last week.

4 Likes

I wonder, is there a HO policy about these cut and paste posts? Even though its damnably hard to find anything on CH as it is now, I have copied a whole ream of worthwhile posts (some mine, also written by others) which I could clean up and repost here.

2 Likes

I think itā€™s okay. I posted the year in the subject line when I posted mine. I find itā€™s easier to find posts using Google and a few key words, than using the CH search engine.
@naf , any comment?

1 Like

Weā€™ve been here since 2015.
It really isnā€™t necessary to recreate every f-ing chowhound thread.
Make some new memories here; explore the last 7 years of posts.
We donā€™t need a chowhound 2: Bizarro world.
Just my exasperated opinion.
Iā€™m ready to join Rooster.

:frowning:

11 Likes

You can repost your own CH posts here. As topics written by others, there is copyright issue, you need to have the permission of the author.

4 Likes

Jen -
Given the policy, please consider this a blanket permission for you to copy & reprint any/all of my posts. That is, if you can find any that youā€™d consider worthwhile to re-visit. Damned if I could. :innocent:

6 Likes

I wanted to save the photos and names of some places I visited in 2017, which had no presence on Chowhound, and have no presence on HO. San Casciano dei Bagni, Chiusi, Sarteano.

I have no idea when Iā€™ll be able to visit Europe again, and probably will never go to those small towns in Umbria and Tuscany again.

Iā€™ve only posted one or 2 old topics. I think it adds to the site.

I could have posted the post here in 2017, since I was already a member, but I was posting more elsewhere at the time.

Iā€™m hoping there will be enough traffic for an Italian board to develop on HO.

@JenKalb , if you want to add any reports here, this is the thread I started

2 Likes

got it. you have a good point,
Im here for the discussion and the future not the past.

its hard to lose all the trip reports and info tho. Imagine losing all your photo albums of all your trips. Its like that.

9 Likes

I already had that happen in my divorce.
:slight_smile:
I wasnā€™t really bitching at you, I always loved your posts.
Take care.
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Sorry about the lost photo albums! šŸ„²

1 Like

Iā€™m your huckleberryā€¦

I live on the Garden Island of Kauai in the Hawaiian islands.
Iā€™ll talk about cooking any time, any whereā€¦any cuisine, cookware, ingredients. Iā€™m just animate about it.
Iā€™ve had many, that run the gambit from eating snails at a curbside stall, sitting on a plastic stool while traffic on the sidewalk and street flowed past me in Saigon, to a Kaiseki meal in Kyoto, to having the roast chicken at Lā€™ami Louis in Paris.
Iā€™m an avid knife collector, both kitchen and otherwise, with a good bulk of my friends knife makers, and other collectors. The knives I collect, carry, and use are largely made by knife makers who are my friends as well.

9 Likes

Thanks for your post it was helpful to me.
I had a quoted someone from CH and
when I saw your post I got their permission to leave the post up.
Thanks for bringing the subject up before Chowhoundā€™s closure.

1 Like

Yeah, i cant even locate many of my own. I spent some time saving posts on theWayback machine today . Who knows if they will ever be of use to anyone but it made me feel a bit better.

4 Likes

Welcome @JenKalb!