Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

Thank you. Happy to have found HO.

Welcome @Shalevalley !

Northern California for more than 30 years, but I still say Iā€™m from Queens, NY.

3 Likes

Welcome @ScottinPollock!

Glad to have you on board! May I ask how did you find us?

I see you are making yourself at ease already. Enjoy your stay!!

1 Like

Thank you so much. Happy to be here. I found hungry onion by googling cooking forums.

4 Likes

Thanks! I found HO using Google. I love the modern Discourse interface, and it seems there are a lot of great people here.

7 Likes

Hi all, de-lurking so I can actually make comments! Followed HO since its inception. I suspect that if I had had an account my read stat would be in the top 10.

Diner food is my thing but I appreciate Fine Dining due to my dad owning a restaurant for 40 years 1968-2008. His wasnā€™t upscale but white table cloth & napkins.

Anyway, Greetings Earthlings! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:
I

13 Likes

Welcome!

Thank You.

1 Like

Do you like cheese and do you have a silent companion named Gromit? (Sorry, thatā€™s all I can think of when I see the name Wallace!) :rofl:

Wallace_and_gromit

Welcome to HO!

5 Likes

Ty, yes to cheese, no to puppy. We did have a kitty but she left us 1 year ago. :sob:

I like potatoes way more then cheese. (But I do follow Presuntoā€™s cheese topic avidly.

5 Likes

Glad you stopped lurking and we are looking forward to your posts.

2 Likes

Welcome Wallace, or at least welcome out of the shadows!!! What region are you from?

2 Likes

Right now, the biggest city in Maine but I grew up in NY about 2 football fields away from the NY/NJ border.

5 Likes

Didnā€™t finish my thought. My sister lives in Monmouth on the shore & I actually meant to de-lurk & make a mini trip report 3 /years/Labor Days ago when me & brother drove down for a visit. Was a very mixed trip.

2 Likes

Jersey Shore/Monmouth County? Itā€™s never too late for a tale, feel free to drop by the NJ board and let us know of your trip. Even if itā€™s a bit stale dated, might be some local favorites mentioned.

1 Like

I will.

2 Likes

Ahhhh, we were sort of ā€œgrowing up neighborsā€ (depending on your NY/NJ border area). I grew up in Wyckoff, NJ - about a 15 minute drive from Suffern, NY. Iā€™m north of Boston now (have been here longer than I lived in NJ).

2 Likes

Dude, another potential Maine data point. Welcome!

PS I use ā€œdudeā€ as a gender-less term of affection.

3 Likes

Anyone know if thereā€™s a limit to the # of links I can put in a post now that Iā€™m ā€œtrustedā€?

Writing up a post for Portland, 15 links to places we go to. Not gonna bother if itā€™s just gonna bounce them.

I donā€™t think there is a limitā€¦but maybe start with 3-5, and add the rest as replies to your initial post?