Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

I’ve put like 20+ links in certain posts, never seem to have problem.

1 Like

Good idea, I needed that too.

Hi! I’m a food blogger. I love to cook and share recipes with others. I’m always looking for new and interesting ways to make my favorite dishes, and I love trying out new foods. Visit my blog and pour your suggestions for the improvements.
Thank you :blush:

8 Likes

Hello!

A bump just so any new folk joining us from Chowhound might think this is a good place to start for them. Welcome.

9 Likes

Welcome @THECHARLES , @PedroPero , @LulusMom1 & @DrJohn ! :slightly_smiling_face:

5 Likes

Thanks for the welcome and glad to join.

8 Likes

Forgetful Jammy chiming in. Hello. Apparently I joined this site many years ago and couldn’t remember that I did. Sigh.

11 Likes

I’ve been waiting 5 years for you to reply to my question!! (Joke) Welcome back we missed you!

7 Likes

Meanwhile I am still waiting for a girl from college to call me back. She said she would call.

9 Likes

Thanks. Worried about getting used to this new interface, but figure it will happen eventually. Nice to be here.

13 Likes

Welcome. And it’s really not too bad once you familiarize yourself with the boards. The Mods are also very helpful!

6 Likes

Hello! I am Mig from chowhound (username over there was the unnecessarily redundant “migmigmig.” I am grateful to have been pointed to this community; it’s making me less sad to lose such a lot of info, relationships, resources, etc.

Born in PA Dutch country; Brooklynite since 1999. Preparing to return to NYC after 2 years in pandemic-related exile. Food-related interests: grass-fed and non-industrial meat, community-supported agriculture, localism, canning and preserving, and baking (mostly sweet), especially bundts.

Happy to be here!

16 Likes

Interesting times indeed!

5 Likes

Welcome all!

5 Likes

I saw your post on Chowhound about this site which I’d never heard of before; I was more of a CH lurker (for 15 years!) but perhaps I’ll be more extant here. Thanks for the invite.

14 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I’m innerharbors, born and raised in Baltimore. I haven’t lived there since 2002 but the cravings for blue crab, Old Bay, and peach cake persist. I lived in San Francisco for a long while, which is where I first started following the Craigslist food forum, and through that found Chowhound. Now I live in Tacoma, WA, and I’m looking forward to reading discussion about all three of my homeworlds. Cheers!

11 Likes

I’d like to know more about the peach cake!

2 Likes

Alas, I can’t yet post a link but you’ll be able to find something by Googling “Baltimore Peach Cake”. I used to get a nice slab at Cross Street Market when I lived down the street from it. Now I’m craving that and humid summers!

3 Likes