Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

Thanks, everyone… :blush:

3 Likes

The 1978 one is even scarier.

Those few words really make an impact wherever they appear - being “one of us”, “not one of us”, or “one of them” seems to have been a driving force behind many of humanity’s greatest most inspiring successes, and many of our worst and most despicable failures too. Those words have a lot of power; far too much power if in the wrong hands.

In this case, for you in particular John Foster: You, and that power, are in good hands here. Except for NotJrvedivici. :rofl:

2 Likes

And for many of them, you don’t even have to actually mention the words - only imply that someone is “other”.

1 Like

For that matter, tacit acceptance of the implication when someone else has made it is enough. There’s lots of “plausible deniability” to go around.

Very much agreed. But I suggest we now move on before we hit discussing things that are best discussed elsewhere than my favourite food board. After all, I don’t discuss food on the politics forum.

7 Likes

I. Love. That!

I remember it in The Player too.

2 Likes

Welcome to Hungry Onion.

Lyle Lovett!..one of the best concerts I’ve ever attended!

1 Like

Oh cool. I figured he must have some swag if Julia Robets fell for him. She was actually in The Player too.

2 Likes

Hi everybody :wave:

I just wanted to introduce myself quickly.

I am a long-time reader (even back from the chowhound days) but a first-time poster.

I grew up in Monmouth County (Rumson), spent a decade in the city (Manhattan and Brooklyn), and recently moved back home (Fair Haven).

Devote meat-eater, full-time foodie; there’s rarely an establishment I haven’t tried. I am looking forward to posting, sharing, and being a part of the community.

Lets all eat well!

14 Likes

Welcome @AndrewMalecki!

1 Like

Welcome aboard!

I always forget to look at this board. A big WELCOME to all.

Welcome again! You’ve been reading since Chow and just posted now for the first time!?!?? Better late than never my friend! Fellow Monmouth County neighbor here as well as possibly your next door neighbor @Metsfan86 !

Hi and welcome to you!

1 Like

Devote meat eater? Would you like to challenge fellow Jersey members @joonjoon @NotJrvedivici on their meat eating prowess?

Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome aboard.

@NotJrvedivici @AndrewMalecki

Sadly, my application for Fair Haven residency was denied and the PD now meets me anytime I try to cross over Ridge Road.

However, it’s great to hear from another hyper local resident, so welcome. What other spots do you like locally? FH has a few good spots and Jacks is also coming soon. You’ll prob run into many HO’s at Nicholas Creamery for sure.
What are your top cheesesteaks nearby? don’t have a ton of great ones. Lately I’ve been enjoying the cheesesteak at Slice of Hope/Palumbos in Little Silver. It prob doesn’t go toe to toe with Donkeys or anything like that, but it’s enjoyable and one of the best I’ve has locally, but certainly am more than excited to have any new spots to hear about!

1 Like

Welcome!!!