Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

Ahhh… lurkers. I admire them because I can never not give my two cents. :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

5 Likes

They must not find it worthwhile. Oh well.

I wouldn’t assume that. I follow plenty of threads without comment. Reading is half the fun. The HO data is huge on views vs posts.

4 Likes

Hello and thank you everyone.
I’m John Foster from Halifax UK. I’m new here.

8 Likes

Hello, John - welcome!

Hi John and welcome.

You’ll find this is a friendly place. Most contributors are from North America but there are a few “foreigners” as well. I’m not too far from you - nearish to Manchester Airport.

I know a couple of eateries in your neck of the woods - Elder at the Piece Hall and the Shibden Mill Inn.

2 Likes

Hi John.
Welcome. The more the merrier!

1 Like

John,
Hello and welcome to HO. ((Just a FYI merged your thread into our introduction thread since that is what you are really doing here. Since we have this thread established I just move you over here)) So welcome once again, please enjoy if you have any questions please let us know!

Regards,
NotJr/Bob

Hi John! While most of the contributors here do hail from North America, we’re interested in good food from everywhere.

Some of us love to travel (when we can) and I believe most of us truly enjoy “travel” through reading about food from anywhere. Welcome!

1 Like

Welcome to HO, John! Lots of good eats on both sides of the ocean. Looking forward to your contributions.

4 Likes

Don’t emphasize the distance TOO much; from St. John’s (near the easternmost point in Canada), it’s a shorter flight to London than it is to Vancouver (near the westernmost point in Canada). :slight_smile:

1 Like

“One of us. One of us”. ( It was in a movie, )

Welcome!

Freaks!

Yes, I’ve noticed that, but I’m thinking I remember it from “The Usual Suspects”.

Very possible. I haven’t seen that movie in a while, but I remember it being full of references. Starting with the name, which is a phrase from Casablanca.

(Though this page shows that the phrase “the usual suspects” was already a thing ten years before Casablanca - I never knew that)

2 Likes

How about that! Thanks, very interesting!

1 Like

I can never find anything that explains my memory of this phrase, which I love*, and somehow attribute it to Whoopie Goldberg, and I am sure it wasn’t “Freaks”, which I find way too disturbing to tolerate even briefly.

It was some con movie. This is a compilation and I don’t see it.

*I find myself thinking of it whenever I hear someone share their immunization status!

Okay, this is not how I want to introduce myself.

Oh wait! “The Player”

2 Likes

Welcome, John!

Being that I am scheduled for my vaccination today, I guess soon enough I will be “one of them” then you too can become “one of us…one of us…one of us…one of us…one of us…”

(this movie scared the crapola out of me as a child and if I were to see a watermelon truck on the road as a kid I would freak the “f” out)

4 Likes