Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

Hey, stranger.
I trust you are safe. Wild fires in your neck of the woods are in the news a lot these days.

2 Likes

Hi @Presunto!

Sweet of you to check on me! Lately Iā€™ve been mostly hanginā€™ on my local board, but think about the Onions all the time. :hugs: Yep, as if things werenā€™t bad enough thereā€™s the wildfires. Even those of us who are not in eminent danger are experiencing very bad air quality and have ash on everything. We arenā€™t going for the daily walks that make the current state of Covid restrictions more palatable. Ice cream helps. :slightly_smiling_face:

Happy Eating!

5 Likes

My name is Mark. I like cakes and sweets

11 Likes

Welcome Mark!! You are among friends with your likes, so please enjoy and have a look around! Mind if I ask where or how you found us here?

Welcome

Glad youā€™ve found us, Mark. Welcome.

I like cheese and (bitter) beer.

2 Likes

Welcome, Mark! I like cakes and sweets ā€¦ and cheese and (bitter) beer ā€¦ and most other things.

1 Like

Welcome

@marksabier

Welcome Mark.

Best wishes from Barcelona.

1. New York, United States
  2. Love bread baking.
7 Likes

Good morning, New Yorker.

Iā€™m a big fan of breads, especially proper German(-style) sourdough. Could eat it 3 times a day no problem. However, baking bread is not my strong point. Iā€™m rubbish at baking anything in general.

Take a look round and jump right in.

Washington, DC Barbecue, grilling, seafood, soups, stews, ā€¦ travel, whatever is good wherever I am

4 Likes

Richard,
Welcome to Hungry Onion! As a neighbor here in NJ please enjoy our little foodie place on the web! Hope you are fairing well with all the difficulties facing NY these days, stay safe! Please be sure to share a few pics of your next baked goodness, nothing like a warm home baked loaf of bread!
If you donā€™t mind me asking, how did you find us? Welcome again if you have any questions please feel free to ask.

Regards,
Notjr

2 Likes

Welcome fellow bread baker!

1 Like

I live in england near london
I dont have any specific area but i teach at a culinary college so anything food related will get me going
I have cooked for hundreds of football teams, royalty and various celebrities, mostly during my time cooking for private jets.

6 Likes

Welcome, Chef B! Hope you enjoy it here at HO!

16 posts were merged into an existing topic: Bread starter question

Chef,
First and foremost Welcome to Hungry Onion!! Nice to have you find us here, speaking of which may I ask how you found us here?

That sounds very interesting, I would imagine cooking for private jets entails cooking in advance then packaging the food for service in flight? Would that be correct or is there another method for the private jet world us commercial flying public wouldnā€™t know about?

Welcome again!

1 Like

If you want to send someone a private message, you click on their icon/avi and this menu will pop up. You then click the blue ā€œmessageā€ icon and you are there!!! (you can also post links to the body of any post, just copy past a link if you have one, or use the upload (up arrow) on the tool bar.

1 Like

Thanks for the warm welcome! You are correct depending on the requests of the lead passenger (who is paying). Any cold platters are made as close to the takeoff time as possible, normally less than an hour before, such as fruit displays and cold desserts. Private jets are a whole new world from what us mere mortals may be used to. They are often kitted out with no expense spared, i have been on various planes that have bigger bathrooms than mine at homeā€¦not to mention the marble! But with this luxury also comes a fairly decent kitchen area in which to cook in. So meals can be prepared in flight and as there is no laws on carrying knives and such on a private flight, i had all my gear available.

7 Likes