Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

Glad you have found us, Poptart! There are a few of yours fellow Bostonites on here.

I also like reading cookery books, but not cooking from them. I read to learn, mostly.

1 Like

Hello and welcome!!! If you don’t mind me asking how did you hear of us? Please invite any others you think would enjoy it here!

Gracias, Presunto.

NotJrevedivici, believe it or not I found this board by googling “Chowhound replacement” !
It had been awhile since I’d visited the Chowhound site, after the redesign. I noticed not nearly as many postings and remembered reading awhile back that many had gone to an alternative site. My google search brought the hungryonion.org as a top hit! I will definitely tell a friend who I believe was a Chowhounder in the past.

6 Likes

Excellent! Nice to know we are leaving a mark on Google searches! Please do invite all you can, we are young and still trying to grow, appreciate your help. Welcome again!

Great on both counts!

Hey Poptart! Fellow Boston-area former CHer here.

Did you see that Joey Kramer, drummer from Aerosmith, just opened a coffee shop in North Attleboro called Rockin’ and Roastin’ Cafe? He’s been into coffee for a LONG time and decided to open his own place.

This pleases me. VERY much. :smiley:

2 Likes

Are you sure it’s in North Attleborough? I tried to add it to my Google restaurant map, but only one in Maine came up: https://www.rockinandroastinrestaurant.com/

@sr44, this is the one you want:

Thanks. I’ll add it to my map. But if you look at my link, he’s there as well. Busy man.

Yup, I did see that. Looks like the restaurant link is in the cafe link - I missed that when I first saw the cafe had opened.

Thanks for the warm welcome from everyone.
I didn’t know about the coffee place opened by Joey Kramer, will have to check that out.

I just googled “Chowhound Replacement”, and guess what? A post of mine came up the second hit.

2 Likes

For the record when I did the search your thread was the 3rd hit, not the second. Nobody likes a bragger CK.

FYI, I didn’t notice there isn’t a mention of FTC on the first page of the search!!

2 Likes

I got a bunch of articles about people leaving chowhound!

3 Likes

ah, the logic of Google (or the lack thereof) – when I google that exact phrase (no quotes) I get the LA Times article (refers to HO), the EastBay Express article (also mentions HO), and then your CH or not CH survey.

Ironically, Leff’s blog is the 4th entry.

1 Like

I think google ranks findings based on our previous search…etc.

In my case, there are (from top to bottom)

1. LA Times article - about uproar
  2. My Chowhound or Not Chowhound Survey
  3. East Bay Express article - about uproar
  4. Jim Leff’s is foruth
  5. Boston Global article - about uproar

Oh, I get it – I just always find it interesting (and oh-so-vaguely disturbing) at how the logorithms alter the search results.

I have all of the tracking/suggestions/ads turned off that I can figure out how to turn off…

but the top 5 are pretty much the same for everyone, even though they’re in a slightly different order.

Hi Ho Poptart! Welcome!! Presunto is correct, there are quite a few Bostonians here, moi included. Glad you’re here too.

1 Like

Thanks, Gio…have always enjoyed reading your posts on Chowhound and glad you are here too. I am a fellow cookbook addict :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank You for your kind words. Hope you have fun here. It’s nice to find a forum full of people one is already interweb familiar with.

3 Likes