Let's introduce ourselves and get to know one another better

Thank you! Looks like a good group!

1 Like

Mom used to make the pizzas when we were little, but she topped them with mozzarella and used olive oil, so they were decent enough. When we were older, and a great pizzeria opened in town, that was the end of it. Nowadays, I think you can get pizza dough at lots of stores, including Trader Joe’s.

Welcome!

3 Likes

Are you in Boise currently?
I can’t remember the questions you’re answering.

1 Like

Yup, live just west of the North End. How bout you?

1 Like

I’m in the Rogue Valley, but my nephew and
Niece in law lived there and he started his journalism career there on the alternative paper. Their Rock & Roll puppet theatre troupe was just there on Tuesday.

My food and real life friend Ed moved to Boise to be closer to his kids once he retired.
(Sound guy in Hollywood.) :slight_smile:
http://theboisebeat.com/

He now writes an internet blog titled the Boise Beat.

He loves it after being a life long SoCal guy.
Nonetheless, for our purposes, we’re claiming you for the PNW board!
:cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

Not yet! It’s not official until he receives his secret PNW decoder ring!

6 Likes

Hi!! I’m Rebecca and I’m a food lover and dining reporter that covers the North Jersey dining scene. I live in North Jerz now, but used to live in South Jersey, among the farm stands and seafood shops. I also love the diversity of North Jersey restaurants. There’s so much to try! Alsoooo I’m addicted to ice cream. Thought this would be a safe space to share that.

15 Likes

Welcome, Rebecca. The Jersey section on this site is highly active.

Happy browsing.

3 Likes

Hi Rebecca and welcome. I think you will find a wonderful non-judgmental community here with great people whose real passions are to share experiences about anything food related.

With respect to New Jersey, I live across the river in the NYC in an area called Astoria. I split my time between NY and Florida. Recently there was a “HO Down” in Red Bank at Jon Bon Jovi’s Soul Kitchen… for the first time ever, I got together with other HO people…Really a great gathering and worth the trip…
See you round the “Onion”

6 Likes

Once again Phreddy I really appreciate you taking the trip to join us for the Soul Kitchen event! It was great meeting you and look forward to seeing you sometime again.

5 Likes

Welcome, Rebecca!!!

2 Likes

Welcome to HO! I was thinking ChefBoiseArdee.

4 Likes

So lets rev it up.!!! Any ideas for the next HO Down???..Joon Joon’s , was on my daughters birthday…
I would love to do something all Jersey… coming across the river is great fun, better than Manhattan because of the parking (LOL)

2 Likes

Haha! Good one!

3 Likes

San Francisco Bay Area

Cheap eats
Da Nang, Vietnam - severe language barrier. We pointed at fresh seafood and they prepared it however they wanted to

I can’t crochet or knit

5 Likes

Something went wrong with the formatting but I know what you mean. I got off the train in Hue to eat Bun Bo Hue. Didn’t make it to Da Nang.

Welcome, Knightenno. We have a bunch of members who live in your area and many are also well-travelled.

1 Like

Welcome Knightenno! Like Presunto said, a bunch of us around SFBA talks food here:

https://www.hungryonion.org/c/regions/san-francisco-bay-area

1 Like

Hi Knightenno and welcome. I think you will find a wonderful non-judgmental community here with great people whose real passions are to share experiences about anything food related.

1 Like

Me either. Welcome!!

2 Likes

Welcome Knightenno! Hope you like the little community! Always happy to have a new voice here. I can in fact crochet - might be fun to crochet some cooked spaghetti into a cute little doily topped with a meatball for an amuse bouche - kidding. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes