Let's Flap Our Wings [NJ]

That was my first thought as well.

This is a flat and drumette. I’m 99% sure. If it was a was a quarter I could see it being a much better value. Next time I will ask.

I want to give these Johnny piancone wings a shot, both the Sicilian and buffalo.

1 Like

More wing reporting from The Globe. Was there again last night and we were torn between our usual Thai Chili and trying the Garlic Parmesan. Waitress said they could give us six of each, so we went with that. Wings, as always, cooked perfectly, however the garlic-parm ones didn’t have much flavor. It needed more sauce. The Thai Chili ones still reign supreme.

That was the second win of the night. The first was when I asked what their house whiskey was and she told me that it was garbage and she would give me Jameson at the house whiskey price.

3 Likes

That IS a win!!

1 Like

I’m not a big fan of wings, but there is a fantastic selection at Marley’s Gotham Grill, Hackettstown. Amazing! I enjoyed the ones I had from the selection we ordered the other day.

1 Like

Just gonna leave this here…

I went to a Charlie Browns today for the first time in 10 years and the wings were really good.

1 Like

Is there one left in NJ?

Used to be one in Matawan but closed ages ago. Went a few times with family as a child but we stopped after a well-fed cockroach lept off the wall onto our table!

You should warn people not to open that if they’re hungry!

Good to see TST BBQ on that list.

1 Like

Which location if you don’t mind me asking.

@gcaggiano there are several still open in NJ, the closest to us being Edison and Toms River. The chain was forced into bankruptcy when the CEO at the time was caught embezzling funds, about half of the stores were under performing and were closed.

2 Likes

East Windsor. There’s 14 NJ locations according to their website.

Love you guys, but I’m not going to scroll through 171 posts to see if this is already been mentioned… Just saw it on IG—anyone tried them?

2 Likes

Wow that’s great!

We had some nice salt and pepper, and soy and ginger wings at Bloom In Verona last week. They came with a nice side of pickled daikon. The wings were crispy on the outside and juicy on the inside.

4 Likes

The 7.95 wing…no I didnt try it.

3 Likes

Some wings from proving ground below. They were not crispy enough but the setting and epic weather made up for that. The sauce is buffalo mixed with a kind of sweeter jerk seasoning possibly. It was a little strange…good but different. The blue cheese was excellent! It was sharp and funky, thick, and had awesome chunks in it.

5 Likes

I’ve lived in NJ for most of my life, but somehow every time Pete posts one of these lists, I see multiple towns that I’ve never heard of… MY favorite wings (JSBBQ/Kayla) are on this list, so no complaints from me. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I went to JSBBQ yesterday after seeing them make the list. Had been there a number of times, but never tried the wings. They were good, as were the ones I had today at Harvest Moon Brewery at Rutgers (not on the list.)

1 Like

" I’m what you call a teleological existential atheist. I believe there’s an intelligence to the universe with the exception of certain parts of New Jersey. —Woody Allen"

There are 20,000 cities and towns in the United States. Sometimes I think half of them are in New Jersey.

1 Like

Good! FYI save yourself from the trip to Chicken Kitchen I truly have no idea how they make the list(s). Not saying they are bad, but the “best” in area? Hell no.

1 Like