Let's Flap Our Wings [NJ]

Start at Buffalo Wild Wings? :wink:

2 Likes

Did you guys happen to get any red bank wings?

1 Like

Nope. Wednesday fizzled out. Next week for RB wings?

That sounds good Dave. I’m now powered by honda so we might have to race lol

1 Like

I have a nominee for the worst wings: Cluck U in Aberdeen.

They are under new ownership and have a new menu. But my order started off badly when they didn’t have the dry rub Cajun wings listed on the menu–and apparently never do/will. They asked if we wanted blue cheese with the wings–but failed to mention that was 75 cents extra for a couple of tablespoons. The lemon pepper wings I did get tasted like they had been fished out of a salt mine–and then heavily salted on top of that. (Did I mention how salty they were?) And the ice machine was broken, so the only cold sodas were the cans.

My husband said it was awful too. Stopped by to get a sandwich and said it was horrible.

Wow…too bad. I had gotten wings there by "accident’ about 2-3 years ago on my way to a Giants game. I was shocked by how good and meaty they were, the owner / manager was a nice guy. Shame to hear they have gone that far down hill.

HAHA! I am a fan of how you use the word accident.

KFC is generally my “go-to” tailgate food if I’m not grilling/cooking at the stadium, so KFC on 36 would be where I would go. My son was in the mood for wings instead of regular chicken and much to my surprise KFC doesn’t have wings!!! (did you know what because I was shocked) So that led us to Cluck…

OH SH*T ------- I just realized it was Chicken Holiday I went to, NOT Cluck-U. LOL Ok ignore what I said. Chicken Holiday has excellent wings!!! hahahahaha sorry…

3 Likes

How long has this place been around? I’ve never heard of it. The wings sound good on paper

https://woodchucksbbq.com/main-menu/

Lol. Now there’s a Tuesday deal worth travelling for!

I’m pretty sure I’ve been there nearly 15 years ago. If it’s the place I’m thinking of it’s fine, but not any better than the favorites up north.

I had some outstanding wings today! Charley’s in long branch was the spot and they were on special. They are called wing zings and they are lightly breaded, fried to perfection and have some awesome spice with some heat. No sauce on these… Really a nicely done wing platter. I may go back tomorrow before they get taken off special.

I had the voodoo shrimp again too and these shrimp are awesome. The garlic bread wasn’t on point with the crunch factor but I’ll let that slide. You get 4 pieces of garlic bread, a lot of shrimp and you’re looking at ten bucks…good dish. 077xx and Kane head high on tap. Had 2 o77…nice lunch :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I’m leaning toward The Globe in Red Bank. I have been there a little too often the last month. Their Thai sweet chili wings are a work of art. Fried to a crisp, loaded with sauce, but not soggy. 12 wings for $10.

3 Likes

Thanks for the tip. I haven’t been there in years. I used to go all the time when I was younger.

So I did another wing adventure.

Bahrs in highlands. As some of you may have read, I haven’t been to this place in over a decade. I have done three trips here in the past month or so.
I hung out with the salty locals and listened to a little karaoke.

For 12 bucks this wasn’t a steal but these are monster wings! I think I got 7 but they literally looked like drum sticks. They have a substantial batter, but not overwhelming. They are served dry and the hot sauce and blue cheese are included. The sauce is typical Frank’s style. The blue cheese was a really nice serving size but it wasn’t the pungent/dank funky stuff that I like…very mild. Not bad but not my cup of tea. The thing I want to point out is they have this dish for 7 bucks at happy hour. I think they will taste better at that price :slight_smile: solid wings…2 new spots this week that I liked wing wise. Cheers

Ps, I actually took some home so I will take a pic if I can get off this couch and wake up lol

3 Likes

OK so I went to one of my favorite Thai places last night and one of the specials was a deep fried chicken wing (note this is singular.) It is a whole wing so you get both sections obviously, but am I crazy or is 7.95 for a single wing a lot of money? No I didn’t order it. I almost wanted to try it at that price though lol. This is a Fried wing. It’s not something stuffed with crab or containing truffle oil. You can get a whole chicken for much less than that and even lower for wholesale.

You sure it wasn’t a full sized wing/drumstick?

1 Like

The headline said “marinated wing” and then the description said wing again and gave a little more info. Then the picture showed a single wing. So maybe there was a language barrier but it appeared they clearly conveyed that you’re getting a single wing. If not, they should work on maybe getting a consultant that can help with marketing.

Ps, I will try those Sicilian wings at johnny piancones. 6 bucks at happy hour.

1 Like