Let's Flap Our Wings [NJ]

On the wing topic, what’s everyone’s favorite blue cheese? I like Maries

1 Like

I do like Marie’s (although they have like 9 different kinds super/chunky/super chunky etc) but the best is my own

1 C Mayonnaise
1 C sour cream
1 C crumbled bleu cheese
1 T cider vinegar
1 T lemon juice
2 dashes tobasco
1 T Grated onion
2 T chopped parsley

4 Likes

I think it is just the regular chunky version. They seem to have more and more coming out. That does sound like a great recipe but I rarely make dips/dressings. I might have to give that a whirl though.

I’m a creature of habit and a purist when it comes to food. I’ve had only the buffalo flavor of wings at Jack’s until at a recent party, I had the chipotle BBQ flavor. I was won over. The DH and I went to Jack’s last night. The DH ordered buffalo wings, hot. I ordered the chipotle BBQ flavor. DH said mine were hotter than his. They were meaty and delicious.

3 Likes

You know, I’ve been getting wings at Jacks for 20 years now and only on my last visit did I realize you could ask for the garlic buffalo wings to be different levels of spice! LOL

Also, I really enjoy their teriyaki wings from time to time. It’s like… crappy… but somehow really delicious dunked in ranch.

Buffalo Chicken pizza anyone? This bad boy is from Salerno’s in Hazlet.

salerno

2 Likes

Despite having an extremely poor time the last time I went to B2 in Red Bank (years ago), we ended up there for happy hour yesterday. I was surprisingly very happy with everything. We got an order of wings that were smokey, lightly crispy (not battered), very meaty. Big portion. I would say there were at least 10-12 wings and I think they were $11. We also ordered shishito peppers. Also very tasty. Pretty big menu for happy hour and they run it all day Sunday even in the dining room. Honestly, it felt like they really toned down the pretentiousness that I found so off putting last time.

3 Likes

Very interesting. I might have to try this happy hour. So were the wings actually smoked or just the sauce had some smoke flavoring? Buffalo?

The pic isn’t uploading for some reason, but the bartender told me it was a process of dry rub, smoked and then fried. I wouldn’t put them in the buffalo family because I feel like that means fried then sauced (I absolutely could be wrong on that). These were dry with a ranch sauce at the bottom of the plate. I don’t know the exact hours of happy hour during the week, but for the weekends Saturday is 4-7 and Sunday 12-9.

1 Like

Thanks for the info :slight_smile:

What do you think Dave? These sound tasty!

Much appreciated. Im not running into any issues now.

1 Like

Sounds like @corvette_johnny and I and maybe @NotJrvedivici and @BossaNova too need to check this happy hour out soon.

These wings sounds intriguing. There are tommys wings down the road (now urban coal house) as well as local smoke, brothers and Siam garden. I’d be down to do a wing night. I don’t know about you, but I can make a meal out of wings.

I will delete this post in a day or two but if any of you have any issues still, please let me know. The backlogged queue of the software was causing problem. The queue was cleared today, the issue seemed to go away. (think of it like a clogged toilet causing all types of problems)

1 Like

toned down the pretentiousness that I found so off putting last time.

Yeah this!! An undeserved pretentiousness as well, when I went for the first time with my daughter it was below mediocre.

@seal I"m down for wings!!! Pick a day/date!

1 Like

Yes to wings. Any day this week is good for me.

Ok. This week I am good for either Wednesday or Friday.

@NotJrvedivici @BossaNova @corvette_johnny any preference? lunch or dinner?

I am good for lunch or dinner on Wednesday and lunch on Friday

Dinner on wed is looking good but don’t make plans around me please. So would this be a wing crawl or or a full on food fest? :slight_smile:

No rules - just right.

Wings and whatever else we want to eat.