Let's Discuss Edible Cannabis........................

It’s our number one cash crop and it is illegal. Imagine if we grew it all over and exported it to other countries over the next few years? I bet that would stimulate the economy and create a boat load of jobs.

What brands carts are popular in OR?

3 Likes

Thanks for confirming @Babette, it’s the one I thought it was. The nutraceutical company I worked for removed it from all their proprietary blends and formulas when the information about the liver effects became known. We were a science based company using natural products from all over the world. Tight QA/QC standards, our own chemistry and biology departments, product development, library, and even a medical clinic attached doing clinical trials (of which I participated in many) and Individual case management for some people who had difficulty with weight, gut, hot flush issues intractable pain, chronic disease issues. Had our own phlebotomists, and any blood draws or other biological went to respected and trusted outside labs. Our varied science departments were for research only. We had a Chief Science Officer, Clinical Nutritionist with a CN degree, PhD, and all the expected certifications. I identified at least 3 people who I’m sure were true polymaths with the intellectual horsepower of Ferrari’s at least. We had MD/PhD’s, our Patent attorney and Itellectual Property Directed was a JD/PhD (biology) as well. One sharp dude. Ethnic Diversity with bi and trilingual people, some who later went on to work for big pharma. You get the idea. I recruited and hired some of these people, and was well acquainted with their resumes and CV’s, published papers, etc. I had direct access to all of these people and had appropriate personal friendships with many of these people. I came to deeply respect and trust these people. My husband jokingly referred to my workplace as the “snake oil” factory. As well, I had direct experience with the manufacturing, technical, maintenance, and other departments. I respected these people too, I thoroughly trusted their products, but like other natural supplement products, some worked well for some people, some worked not at all for others. You get the idea. Also saw kava kava growing in a tropical environment on a botanical tour. Very interesting place to work, my favorite job ever. So I’m totally open to many potential remedies as well as behavorial and sleep hygiene information. Meditation, breathing, the whole 9 yards I would try. A very long answer and more info than you probably wanted. A big piece of unasked for advice is do your own research, with the biggest being to not believe the latest health or nutritional studies. Try to read the professional papers, but more importantly, find out who is PAYING for the studies, and do your own thinking and assessment of the information. Dig even deeper if you want. Personally I’ve come to believe that some pharmaceuticals are far more efficacious than many natural supplements. For example, Celebrex did nothing for my osteoarthritis pain, while Meloxicam was really helpful and I thought would be a game changer. Sadly I can never take it again. I’m willing to try anything deemed safe by my doctor whom I trust and respect already since I was forced by insurance to get a new MD or DO at the beginning of this crisis I’m in. Wasn’t happy about having to switch, but believe I’m receiving excellent care from the new system. I was beginning to feel like the other system was turning into a medical mill anyway, but really liked and trusted my old DO.

As an aside to this, I really try hard to stay off the internet when anything is wrong with me. I don’t want to be my own doctor! Just aware and informed enough to be my own best advocate.

Sorry for these long replies, but they really help to keep me distracted while choosing to be house bound, especially since I’m starting to feel better. It’s great for anxiety too and virtual social connection, as well as providing much needed intellectual stimulation.

Thanks for listening and please forgive me for going on and on lately.

Be well and stay well.

3 Likes

Oregon is a whole different country I think! :joy_cat:

3 Likes

We have fun!
:cowboy_hat_face:

1 Like

I dont know why they charge so much for cannabis. It’s a weed and will grow anywhere. It costs more to grow walnuts. Grow your own .

2 Likes

Thanks so much @corvette_johnny, trust me I’ll be checking them out.
Agree about the testing. Although black market MJ is cheaper here I would never use it, nor any other street drug. I run everything I ingest through my doc 1st.

1 Benadryl used to really help me fall asleep, but makes me feel weird now, along with Unisom and other OTC sleep meds. Anything that says PM on it produces odd feelings.

Thanks for sharing and listening! Stay well.

1 Like

Agree, I’ve sought seeds but don’t know of any sources, except nephew in Alaska is a grower. Outside of course lol. May have to get in touch with him and get some seeds and growing tips.

Thanks Emglow! BTW, think you’re in an excellent place to ride out this latest scary. Started to get a little worried about you when I didn’t see your posts for awhile.

As you always say, cheers! :wine_glass:

1 Like

Thread is all over the map, mostly my fault. Thanks for the info, will thoroughly check it out.

I don’t consider anything on this thread to be medical advice either. Just suggestions for people who are struggling with pain or other issues. We all have our own burdens to bear, some more than others.

Good health to you, especially as a health care professional!

2 Likes

Still waiting to try the bottle of CBD OFF my son gave me
However, waiting for this recent bout of immune system defending my body causing side effects to wear off prior to trying so I wl not confuse issue,
I have problem with benadryl if I take 50 mg, starts to have feeling of anxiety and panic attack… Have to take a sleeping pill instead. So, have been prescribed new H1 and H2 ( cyproheptadine and Zantac) by new allergist but unfortunately, Zantac was withdrawn from cancer scare and tagamet as well.
I am now taking meloxicam 7.5 mg to ease my OA with two cortisone shots into my lateral epicondyle in the last 3 months but have not had any shots for my shoulders. It has been 12. years since bilateral knee arthroplasty , starting to have some tolerable pain but have not gone back to ortho as it is too far away a well as the fact that I sort of deserted him when I found out my. husband had MDS.

Good luck with all issues and new meds and supplements. Let us know if you find any relief. I had an Rx for 15 mg Meloxicam and am still mourning the loss of it. Fortunately wasn’t taking it when double whammy hit, since I wasn’t even on my feet. Might have hammered my kidneys even more. I’m telling you though, they were on it, despite the disruption in my regular care. Communicating with old doc I guess. First thing he said when he reviewed my file. All other meds deemed safe, luckily. Having a complete Rx review as soon as I get over this crisis, and I’m open to her advice. But I truly hope she doesn’t pull me off two of them. Sometimes it’s more about quality vs quantity of life. People over 65 are considered elderly, and insurance companies push to withdraw certain meds. Luckily doc has final say, but I may have to lobby for these two.

1 Like

look for me on home cooking board . Not always but most of the time. Cheers :wine_glass:

1 Like

@Lambchop I kind of hate to suggest this because it seems like your only vice, but have you considered alcohol as a culprit? A glass of wine used to seem so harmless, then it started disturbing my sleep and I finally made a connection that even if I only had a glass or two I’d still feel moody if not hungover per se the next day and I think that really contributed to years of anxiety and depression. Feels good in the short term but in my big picture it’s actually poison. I do miss champagne but not crying all the time. Cannabis works much better for me. Ymmv, of course.

1 Like

Yes I certainly have and try my best to self limit. It’s why I don’t like to keep a fully stocked bar, but reserve for special occasions, or have a cocktail or two out. If I could handle the THC that others can use and enjoy, I may not want that glass of wine or two. I know all about sleep issues because of it, dependence upon and everything else. It can also increase inflammation in the body unless consumed in quite small amounts. It affects every organ in the body too. Hopefully mine will wear out all at the same time.

Going to run the non THC options past my doc today, and will carefully consider her opinions.

I take no offense that you raised the issue, I’m open to any information.
I’m very informed medically, and sometimes wish I didn’t know as much as I do, because it gives me the scaries. I’ve medically advocated for and journeyed through two close relatives’ deaths. They were dying for 2 1/2 months each.

And ETOH is far from my only vice, I like excellent food too much and not a huge fan of exercise. I certainly don’t have moderate -severe osteo because I’ve run or walked too much. I was on a real healthy path shortly before mom died, with walking and working out at the gym. With a trainer too. Became really strong in my core and legs also. Trying to get back on that bandwagon. Need to call the gym and ask them to extend my membership w/o charge; can provide all the medical documentation they need lol. :upside_down_face:

2 Likes

Benadryl simply makes me really tired. I would go light on cbd if benadryl gives you anxiety. I took a lot of it and it made me paranoid…not good! It was a very bad experience. This was legit cbd too. For sleep and a calmer feeling try the one I mentioned above. That made me feel much better and I finished the bottle I got…great product but it will be rather expensive since I ate 2 at a time and they are 1.50 a piece. So about 90 a month.

Has anyone tried kratom? I plan to try it and make tea with it (and kombucha)

I was hoping to find some things on it here, but a search didn’t pull up anything.

Good to know your experience with the CBD @corvette_johnny. Would possibly experience same. Doc wants me off all supplements except probiotics right now. Body already working hard enough to handle the “cure” as well as necessary meds. Will take up issue at a later date.

1 Like

I feel your pain- weed has always made me hungry, paranoid, clumsy, and then I fall asleep whether I wanted to or not. Slept through parts of really good rock concerts. And it was the '70s, when it was everywhere. I quit using it at the age of 21. Full disclosure- give me a hit of windowpane or blotter and then get the hell out of my way, but that’s a different bunch of stories.
I’m not that energetic a person to begin with, and cannabis just amplified that. In fact, I had the nickname of “Crash” for a few years because of cannabis.

2 Likes

CBD oil seems to work for me and my buddy Arthur Itis :smirk: but I dont’ have any desire to go the full cannabis for reasons stated elsewhere on this thread

1 Like

Hey- it worked for me much better than cannabis

We were having lunch at work a coupla weeks ago, and one guy said “They finally made it legal, and we’re not intersted any more”

3 Likes

That’s funny.

1 Like