Let's Discuss Edible Cannabis........................

I make canna butter at home then either add to a cup of coffee or fashion into chocolate bites. The bites are easier to grab without preparing coffee. I prefer the ‘bites’ be strong and small but most of my efforts are more than I want to swallow. Also the strength Is always a question mark.
A couple of testing tastes to determine strength. Would like to try a gummy but not available in my state, tho the couple of medical edibles I tried seemed dull.

I should clarify: the gummies in my state (NC) can contain CBD but not THC, under current laws. Medical marijuana is not legal yet in NC.

CBD has zero psychotropic effects.

Yes, I am not discussing those issues.

I am just mentioning what’s legal in my state right now, and thus what the gummies I bought can and cannot contain.

Ah, my bad. I thought this was in the context of people accidentally tripping their balls off

I’m glad the CBD helps you sleep. I’ve tried both CBD and THC topicals (transdermal) to deal with arthritis pains, and they did nothing for me :slightly_frowning_face:

I was trying the gummies for severe restless leg syndrome. They had some efficacy, but were costly. I saw my doctor and got a more effective and less costly prescription for a widely used medication (that our dog also takes, :laughing:) So I no longer take the gummies.

2 Likes

Anyone make their own gummies? I made a trial batch last week and going to try another flavor/method this week. First made a tincture then used some of that concentrate into a fruit puree/gelatin concoction. Tastes a little green still so need to work on the exact recipe. I’ve roughly estimated each one to be 2.5mg and 2 are perfect dosage for me.

1 Like

My best advice these days for edibles is go slow, and after each attempt at a dose, wait at LEAST 90 minutes (possibly up to 2 hours) before deciding “oh, that didn’t work. I need more.” In fact, if you want to get things moving, I suggest dosing, and then having a small snack, something like a brownie, a cookie, something like that. It moves your digestion along and (for me, anyway) seems to kick start the effects.

If you’re baking with it, I highly recommend getting pre-dosed cannabutter. Here in CA, you can usually get 4oz of butter infused with 1000mg THC for somewhere in the $45-60 range. Use that as part of your butter in any baked good recipe, weigh your portion sizes carefully, and you can be assured of a fairly consistent dose per piece. Brownies and blondies (individually portioned muffin tins or paper cups) are especially good because they’re just plain batter, so you don’t have chips or other stuff throwing off the weight, and thus the dosage.

If you’re used to smoking it, eating it CAN feel ‘heavier’, but individual reactions vary greatly.

2 Likes

Us stoners call the ‘Maureen Down’. :slight_smile: She famously went to Colorado not long after legalization, bought a bar, ate the whole thing, and went loopy in her hotel room. Then wrote a scolding column about how awful it all was.

If one is used to 5-6% ABV beer, and then you drink 6oz of whisky, get blotto, puke, and feel like shit, would you say that’s the whisky’s fault?

Once you know your own tolerance/dosage, edibles are fabulous. They even make tablets/capsules now. We live in the future.

4 Likes

For a little while (before recreational legalization in CA) there was only medical, but CA ‘weed cards’ were ridiculous easy to obtain (insomnia, anxiety were acceptable reasons). As a result, edibles COULD be crazily potent. Korova issued the ‘Korova Black’ brownie, 1000 mg in a brownie about 3in x 4in. It was the best bang for the buck you could get in edibles. I would buy them and cut them into 10 little segments.

printed on the package: “REMEMBER, YOU CAN NEVER EAT LESS”

2 Likes

A good friend of mine makes brownies he calls “I can’t believe it’s not acid.” Those did fuckall for me as well. I’ve given up on wasting money on ingestibles, healthier as they may be. The funny thing is he’s been partaking a few years longer than I have, and still manages to get properly baked.

For me, it’s flower or carts, and the effect is never super-powerful like I remember from my teens. Perhaps my adult brain is simply too jaded and no longer subject to the giggles I keep chasing. SADZ!

2 Likes

Received!

2 Likes

Let’s revive this convo!

Just putting this out there: https://moonwlkr.com/products/assorted-gummies-sample-pack/ (no affiliation)

Years (many) ago, had a bag of shake that didn’t smoke worth a shi*. Dumped all in a browie mix, popped in oven and ate 25% of the bake.

No discernible effect after half hour, except maybe munchies. :wink: What the hey, ate the whole darn tray. 15 minutes later, first batch kicks in. Strapped in for the ride.

Not nearly as severe as a similar overindulgent episode with psilocybin.

“If you can remember the ‘60’s, you weren’t there”.

1 Like

Why take that when real stuff is readily available?

I’m mystified by Delta-8 or Delta-9, but I have a medical cannabis card. It’s all about the THC and the terps for me.

Legality, ease of dosing, access

1 Like

I guess I’ve lived with legal too long.
I’m almost afraid to enter prohibition states.
Cannabis is a godsend for CKD patients. (me)
:cowboy_hat_face:

I’m too lazy to scroll back. Haven’t tried, or tried and don’t get it? If the former maybe grab a sample somewhere! 25 mg will do ya real good (maybe find those giggles again).

1 Like

Now that edibles are legal in NJ and NY, I can’t be bothered to make my own cannabutter anymore. The gummies are so easy and the results are predictable. Clearly I’m not the gambler I was in college anymore!

1 Like