Laurel and Sage - Montclair

We had another excellent dinner at Laurel and Sage. Details and pictures in the link below.
What's for Dinner #48 - the Drippy, Droopy, Doggy Days of Summer - August 2019

We had another awesome dinner at Laurel and Sage. Besides the always excellent roasted local beet salad, maki roll, complementary heirloom tomato salad, and last of the soft shell crabs, I had a very tasty pan seared red snapper with baby bok choy, black forbidden rice, in a green curry coconut sauce. It all went great with a 2014 Clos St. Jean Chateauneuf Du Pape.

9 Likes

Your photos are so vibrant! Looks like another outstanding meal.

3 Likes

Thank you @Rooster :blush:

That peach salad is a work of art!

2 Likes

Gorgeous

1 Like

That is looking top notch Eli! I wanted to swing by and pick you up yesterday. I went up to bear mountain and made sure I abided by all traffic laws :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks @ChristinaM, @TheCookie and @corvette_johnny!
That must have been some trip to Bear Mountain. At least you had beautiful weather. How long did it take you? If you abided by all traffic laws then it would have taken over 2 hours :grinning:

It was a national mr2 meet and a ton of fun! My girl isn’t the best videographer but she does her best.

What an epic day! I have more vids but for now…

1 Like

My husband has done a couple of BMW meet ups there and says the roads are super fun! I’ll have to show him this video later.

Pretty countryside. No real color change yet…

That’s pretty cool Johnny. Looked like a nice scenic drive. I can imagine what it would like like in full Fall bloom.

Great meal! Always seduced by the soft shell crabs. What is that piece of yellow vegetable on the red snapper? Some kind of pickle?

1 Like

Thanks @naf! It was some sort of pickled vegetable.

We had another excellent dinner at Laurel and Sage. Besides the usual beet salad we also had the awesome pork belly appetizer. Mrs. P had the scallops and gnocchi in a chestnut crema. Since I had the pork belly appetizer I decided to go with a delicious vegetarian entree of green curry dahl, with cilantro rice, lentils, chickpeas, cauliflower, Thai basil, and eggplant. It all went great with a 2016 Domaine La Fourmone Gigondas.

10 Likes

That beet salad ia speaking to me!

2 Likes

Your Photos of your dining define eating with your eyes

2 Likes

Thanks Rooster!
It’s a lot less calories when you eat with your eyes :grinning:

1 Like

True that!

1 Like

The roasted beet salad is very good. Mrs. P orders it every time. It contains various types of beets, (besides the normal red beets) as well as goat cheese, toasted pecans, and smoked bacon in a banyuls vinaigrette.

1 Like