Labor day is over, what's now on your radar? [NJ]

Let’s hear it folks. What old or new places are on your fall list of venues?

1 Like

I almost went to Old Glory for Labor Day, so they are on my radar now. I always like the fall menus at Via45 so that is coming up as well.

1 Like

Already hit Cardinal Provisions for breakfast this morning and walked the AP boardwalk. Woo hoo! Local summer day 1! Considered dock and dine for dinner but too darn hot even for boating. Beach Tavern happy hour is looking like the backup plan. AC, oysters, view.

2nd Jetty, SB, is on the list of fall places. Anjelica’s, SB. Diomede, LS. I’ll keep pondering…

3 Likes

Angelicas is definitely on my list! I’m craving that pork chop

We will return to Drew’s once the weather dips a bit further. Baguette Delite, Lemon and the fairly new Indian spot that took over PhoLe space are on our list. Equally curious about the new spot that Dish occupied and I hear Old Glory has some holiday plans in the works end of year.

1 Like

Prob yumi in sea bright

I gotta dry out for awhile which will include a diet and some excersize.

2 Likes

Happy hour at Johnny Piancone’s in Long Branch. Five dollar drinks and eight dollar appetizers that are as big as entrees, fresh and delicious.

2 Likes

We will go back to Asbury Park for sure (REYLA’s!!!). We tend to avoid anything further south than Long Branch between Memorial Day - Labor Day. Haven’t been back to Semolina but really want to get there and try Dennis Foy café in RB (RB is usually fine in the summer but we just haven’t been back).

@fershore I must have screwed this up. I though I read somewhere that 2nd ave jetty was closed?

Places I will continue to avoid regardless of season: any and all McLoons.

1 Like

Jeez…dieting, excersizing and not drinking. You might as well add overtime to that list of “not fun” things to do.

2 Likes

Trust me after reading @coldbeer70 I’m starting to really rethink my strategy here!

1 Like

That does sound good! I will have to investigate. I’ve never been there but coldbeer knows his way around, so I am taking his word for it.

Is it me or are these drink prices out of control? It seems like every place around here has jacked up their prices. It’s hard to get a decently mixed drink with more than an ounce of booze for under ten bucks.

1 Like

I hate to admit this, but after my trip to Blue Grotto a couple weeks ago, when my son went 4-4 in consecutive trifecta’s I wanted a cigar so we stopped at…Applebee’s on Hope Rd. Tinton Falls since they had an outdoor patio bar. (it’s actually kind of nice with a fire pit and plenty of TV’s) Their drink prices were ridiculously good, legit pours, however if they are watering down the bottles after hours is anyone’s guess.

I’ve passed by that spot so many times and thought how nice it might be to grab a bucket out on that patio…looks legit, regardless of the Applebees association. And to be honest, 2 for 20 chicken fingers isn’t the worst thing in the world…

I’m with a few of you guys: eating healthier, drinking less. I had a pretty active summer so I don’t think I put on any weight, but would be nice to lose a few pounds! :smiley:

And I’m going to enjoy “Local Summer” on Sandy Hook. Can actually hit up the main beaches now without being swamped.

3 Likes

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Old Glory (Keyport NJ)

Have to say, well-crafted and well-poured drinks are one of the things I love about Reyla!

I’m looking forward to:
Grand Tavern
Booskerdoo ice cream at wherever it is in Red Bank
LOTS more Reyla
Talula’s
Porta on a Saturday afternoon when the weather is bad
Buttered Biscuit

And I’m sure a zillion others I’m not thinking of right now! And fwiw, I’ve been watching what I eat/drink for over a year now, and I still manage to have fun, so @NotJrvedivici and @gcaggiano GET OVER YOURSELVES. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Tried to go to reyla’s yesterday but they close the kitchen midday :sob::sob::sob: we had a time crunch and went to barrio instead. It wasn’t as good as previous times. Tasty enough but felt like the food was rushed and slapped together. And I left hungry after 3 tiny tacos.

1 Like