Old Glory (Keyport NJ)

I’m not a betting man let alone before the doors even open but that location hasnt been lucky for restaurants. I was hoping the bldg would be turned into another type of commercial biz.

I’m only familiar with Keyport because I used to meet up with my brother there when he got back from fishing on charter boats that ran out of the marina. I had never been to it before 2011 or so but I thought the same thing: This town was abandoned in 1973. Nothing much impressed me, including McDonoughs. I did check out the Broad Street diner after the Star Ledger ranked it the state’s best and the roast beef was quite good.

Plus that location falls under Hazlet not Keyport

I have no issue with the town of Keyport and Matawan is far from a looker, still trying to spruce up, and there are decent restaurants there if you take a fair look.

These old, tired hang ups about any town seems counter productive to improving. Continue to support them maybe we all benefit. The fact that Drew has occupied three diff locations in Keyport rather than move is loyalty thats pretty cool.

5 Likes

Went back on Saturday night and had a very enjoyable time again. This time apps were, margarita pie & Parmesan rosemary wings. The pie was good/ solid pie and the wings were great again. Dinner(s) were 2 shrimp skewers , short ribs and catfish special. The shrimp skewers were well enjoyed by the ladies (I tried a bite it was good) my short ribs were excellent and the catfish while good could have used some more spice in the blackening. Live music, nice weather and good friends made for an all around nice night.

For bar/comfort food I’m really liking this place.

4 Likes

We were just at the beach at Sandy Hook now grabbing a bite at Old Glory

1 Like

And…thoughts ???

My wife had the arugula salad with a crab cake and I had the parmesan rosemary wings.

The wings were good and the melted cheese was nice and crispy.

My wife enjoyed the salad and crabcake.

We would definitely go back

2 Likes

I LOVE those wings!!! It reminds me of a good french onion soup, scrapping the cheese off the bowl. Glad you enjoyed!! You can’t beat it for bar/comfort food in my opinion. Good food and reasonable prices.

Finally! Old Glory gets noticed on HO. Jr. could be it needed your stamp of approval. Good deal.

2 Likes

@Roro1831 & @Rooster
(I moved these comments to this thread to give Old Glory the exposure it deserves)

1 Like

That crabcake is great. The seafood mac and cheese is very good.

@Jr did you ck out the lounge area refurb’d in the basement?

I asked about it because I wanted to check it out but they said it’s closed. Anytime I can go out have a couple apps, couple drinks and very good entrees for $107 for 4 is a dam good night to me!

Only downside to the night was McDonoughs didn’t have live music that night.

2 Likes

We went yesterday for pizza and beers. We ordered the wings but the waitress forgot :sob: My food luck lately hasn’t been amazing. The green goat pizza here is super tasty. Big fan.

Ohhhhhhh I feel so sorry for you not getting the wings!! Did you order the parmesean wings? (this might be my current favorite wings) I’m honestly becoming a fan of this place even though I’ve only had 2 experiences here for their price point they really are good.

1 Like

I feel like it was either those or thai chili? Either way, I’m still super bummed about it still! I guess I will have to go back.

2 Likes

First disappointing meal, lunch special. Sandwich was poorly executed and small side salad was really weak on ingredients and the upcharge not mentioned until bill arrived. I spoke to Mgr immediately and was given a appreciated adjustment. I like this place enough to be satisfied by how the check was handled but I was still hungry and wound up eating tacos a few blocks away.

1 Like

Is drews now open for lunch or did you perhaps put this in the wrong thread?

Oh man, you are correct. This post belongs in the Old Glory thread.

@Jr, move or delete is ok by me.

1 Like