Kimchi Mama NJ

Now that I’ve read the NJ.com article, I have to publicly say that I can’t believe they didn’t try the wings! SERIOUSLY, PEOPLE.

But I concur with the comments about the Miso soup - pretty sure I said it was the best I’d ever had.

2 Likes

I, as I know you do, follow them on Instagram. To me it doesn’t seem like they make it, or at least all of it. Some of it looked very generic. I guess we’ll have to stop by for some wings and ice cream one of these days and verify the provenance.

1 Like

Riiiiiight!!! No wings!!!

I’m down for wings and ice cream!

1 Like

Last night I ordered from KM - a rarity for me, as even throughout the pandemic, takeout has never been my preference. But I needed an actual meal after a long week, so I got the veg mandu and an order of the Hot Bop, which is spicy pork and vegetables stir-fried and served over rice. It had been far too long since I’d had their food, and it was a great reminder of just how good it is… the mandu were crispy and light, and the pork was DELICIOUS. If I have one complaint, it’s that there was too much rice (for me) - as in, I have a couple of scoops of it in the fridge. Thankfully it has that yummy spicy sauce on it! There was a bag w miso soup and a few containers of a VERY spicy pickled cucumber, which I loved - still have 2 more in the fridge for later today.

9 Likes

Great minds think alike!!! I was there yesterday for early dinner. Seated at 4:30 to 5:30? There was only one other table occupied. I’ve been there before 1-2 yrs ago when it was recently opened and it was very busy so I was a little surprised not that busy. Food was great , service was personal and attentive. A generous variety of Banchan and a balanced menu with decent portions and fair pricing. I left wondering …why am I not here more often?

6 Likes