NJ Food News

Ok thanks. I like that place.

I checked in with the owners, they are opening this week!

1 Like

Recently read about G Wings 22 in West Long Branch and I’m wondering if any of you HOs have tried it… friends who make some of the best wings I’ve had say it’s excellent, which is enough to get me to go! @joonjoon it sounds like a place you would have frequented back in the day…

5 posts were merged into an existing topic: Doner House Englishtown

This place looks awesome! They aren’t even on yelp and don’t appear to have a web site. I’m gonna be in that area tonight, maybe I’ll pop by…

GO. Order the wings. TRUST ME.
And look here: Kimchi Mama thread w pics

2 Likes

I wasn’t familiar with Et Al Fine Foods in the Highlands, but this (behind the paywall) APP article is intriguing. The owner has an extensive catering background and it sounds like her smaller place that was near the ferry has been a big success over the last 8 years.

"The small cafe, market and catering company serves an all-day menu of baked goods, juices and smoothies, grab-and-go items, and signature dishes like mac and cheese bites in truffle oil and Chicken Waldorf Salad with red grapes, dried cranberries and pecans. Shoppers can also pick up supplies for entertaining, including chips, hors d’oeuvres, and entertaining platters.

…The new location has an espresso bar, which will double as a wine bar once the liquor license is approved, and that outdoor dining patio next to a beautifully landscaped waterfall."

@gcaggiano @gracieggg Are either of you familiar w them?

3 Likes

Been to the original location a few times and the food was always good. Chatted with the owner and actually almost ended up working there part time but couldn’t fit it into my schedule. Very nice lady. Good people over there.

3 Likes

Well, THIS is nuts… but I guess they’re doing all they can to get people back in to malls!

2 Likes

Interesting. Is this saying that 12 tacos are $120?

The menu and pricing has me somewhat confused.

1 Like

I’ve always thought the Westfield Garden State Plaza had an identity crisis -

First - Why is it called Westfield Garden State Plaza when it is in Paramus?

Second - It has the weirdest mix of stores. Alphabetically Gucci is next to H and M which can’t be more different.

1 Like

You did a deeper dive than I had, but I do see this, which IF I’m reading it correctly, does explain the cost:
3 Soft Corn Tortillas per person
Chicken (not sure where the shrimp or steak comes in)
Napa Cabbage Slaw - Avocado Cream
Cotjia Cheese - Smoked Tomato Cream - Fresh Limes
Mexican Street Corn on the Cob
Dessert

1 Like

I saw that too, and it’s described in various ways on the website. So doing the math I came up with 12 tacos, 3 ears of corn, some slaw, some salsa, and 3 desserts for $120. I just wanted to make sure I wasn’t missing anything.

Sounds like something the St Laurent Social Club would charge

2 Likes

OMG YES!!! But only after you pay the $3250 annual membership fee.
I hear @CurlzNJ was considering it but came to her senses. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Kind of funny that you can pay in four $30 installments! :rofl:

4 Likes

If they did it in 6 installments I would go for it

2 Likes

I’d rather take those 4 $30 dollar payments and get 12 tacos four different times at my favorite taqueria. I’d have to skip the corn and slaw but they do make amazing salsas.

4 Likes

I’ve eaten at Et Al twice and went a third time to purchase their seriously yum homemade potato chips to go. Each visit was just odd. Owner not present. Unfocused behavior by the only employee in the front, same person each visit, as if she were new. Friendly but the visits took way longer than they should have as a result. Food is delicious and I love the atmosphere of their first location. I hope they’ll be successful in their new location.

1 Like

I don’t know if this has been mentioned upthread. In March, Guy Fieri and his DDD crew visited Surf, Turf, and Earth, in Somerville. The episode that includes this restaurant will air on Friday, July 8th, at 9 p.m.

2 Likes