Just curious - why do some post some topics on CH and others here

I’m still not outraged. Is it a CH mod trying to drive traffic? Is it clear that the CH posts are made after the HO threads originate? It just seems odd that any regular, casual user would go to any effort at all to plagiarize HO in the interest of driving traffic on CH. Are they so lacking in creativity that they can’t just make stuff up? Huh.

OMG do you think Melania Trump is posting here!?!?!?!?!?!?

3 Likes

I don’t intend to start a witch-hunt and so I’m not going to respond to any comments here
I just wanted to put it out there so the offender is aware that I am aware if they happen to read this

okey dokey

1 Like

I apologize … for the provocative post

This for me is more an issue of being focused on the “greater good”
We are a new site and there are people here putting forth great effort to making it work
and grow… This person is doing nothing to enhance what we have… and frankly they don’t have to
I called them out because I feel that what they are doing is detrimental to all of the hard work.

I was angry but now I realize that it is more their need to feel more knowledgeable than they actually are that drives their selfish shitty behavior nothing more, nothing less. This person doesn’t care at all about either site… his/her main concern is portraying themselves as much more savvy than they are … it is not worth the time to try to figure out who it is.

You share so much wonderful information here, I don’t want to be responsible for taking the
focus away from what you do so well. With any luck they will eventually just go away

It’s okay, it’s nice that you care and want to see HO grow and bloom. If a post about a unique experience or opinion of mine was borrowed to create content elsewhere, I would probably be annoyed. In fact I was annoyed when the CH mods used one of my comments in one of their dumb articles that they create, maybe my wording wasn’t clear to begin with, but at the time I felt like they had twisted what I meant to say. OTOH, things like what’s for dinner, what are you drinking, this new place is opening are obviously going to get repeated from food site to food site, and I don’t see any problem with a person posting the same topics to multiple forums (fora?) to compare responses.

Anyway, happy eating!

I think you just discounted everything I wrote
I am not sure why you pushed and pushed
I specifically asked for this to be left alone
I apologized for the post … It’s nice to know
how you feel about things…but not at my expense
check your motives…

What?

2 Likes

There is a person on my local board that does this. Simply posts things they just read from other local sources. Used to bug the hell out of me but I’ve come to realize this individual has a huge need to seem “in the know”. and simply isn’t confidant enough or making unique discoveries to be able to create an original post.

1 Like

Ideally, I’d prefer to post everything here, but there simply isn’t the traffic to discuss local (Montréal and Québec, as well as eastern Ontario) subjects here. I see only one fellow Montrealer posting here on a regular basis, and he also posts at the other place.

I look at “our” local board here often, just to see if any visitors are looking for advice.

3 Likes

I agree it’s the same with my local board, but until traffic picks up, I’ll just continue adding content hoping someone finds it useful and maybe…just maybe…it starts to help attract more traffic to my local board.

(truth be told though…even on Chow my local board barely as more activity than here)

1 Like

I’m with you. I’d rather get this place hopping. When I go to my board in CH posts can sit idle for days. And many are resurrected posts fro year ago. Some times I’ll answer there and once I posted, but that was because I had a question about my tomato plants and they have a gardening topic.

I really don’t know how to get things hopping here in Montréal. Not everyone likes posting about food-related topics, even among my food-loving friends, and not all are comfortable posting in English (and yes, I know one can post in French on the Québec board).

Looks like it’s time to move!

They are probably too busy eating insanely good food :wink:

I don’t find CH navigable. I can’t even find old posts of mine when I’m trying to remember what I ate where and when. It’s a total SNAFU.

2 Likes

I think it’s more a FUBAR.

I recently created a post here about a restaurant experience, I had originally read about this restaurant on Chow and I was going to say a few follow up words about my experience over there as well. I went to Chow and I tried to search for this thread and I could not find the thread I was looking for. I used every variation, spelling, key word etc. that I could possibly think of and couldn’t find it.

FUBAR!!

2 Likes

Chowhound is a lot like Norway. Full of evil trolls lurking under bridges.

2 Likes

I’m thinking they have deleted old posts which would be disappointed. But I haven’t tried searching via Google, I should since the CH search function never was very good.