Just curious - why do some post some topics on CH and others here

In fairness I just counted 21 posts within the last 8 hours at CH from their “Latest” feed. I think that may be more than here though what’s posted there isn’t (as you’ve said) of interest to me.

Thimes, I completely agree with you…people go to more than one news site and more than one restaurant for dinner, so why should people have to choose where to post/read about food? I don’t have any problems with CH like some others do. I have been on there for years and years. Is it what it was 15 years ago? No. But I’m not what I was 15 years ago either.

2 Likes

home cooking on ch has picked up a bit in recent months. most of my participation had been on hc and my local boston board, both of which remain ghosts of their former selves. i use both sites.

¯_(ツ)_/¯

free discussion boards on the internet are going the way of the dodo.

There has definitely been an uptick in activity over there in the past month +. I attribute this to two primary reasons;

1.) Exposure, they have been around forever and they are networked and have their name out there…so it’s natural people are going to find them and they will post.

2.) The change is over, it’s not going away…people can protest and be as pissed about it but it’s done. I admit I still post there when I find something of interest -or- if one of my threads has new activity. I do not start any new threads and I only check my followed discussions and local board.

To be perfectly honest I still do not know how to successfully navigate the site. When I last tried to create a thread or new topic I found the process very difficult and I really don’t know if I even did it correctly, or applied the right “tags” etc.

I do not have hard feelings towards Chow, I always realized it wasn’t my sandbox, not my rules, so who am I to complain about how they manage their business. I do not agree with the changes, but at the end of the day they can do whatever they please.

I am extremely thankful to Sampson for putting this together, really in an effort to give all of us who were displaced a new “home”, I appreciate that and I will continue to do whatever I can to help him succeed in whatever direction he wants this to go/grow.

5 Likes

Me too

3 Likes

(( Pssssst Sampson when it comes to Christmas bonus time…remember I was the first to say this…winecountrygirl just copy pasted…and agreed. :yum:))

2 Likes

Oh, if there’s Christmas bonuses to be paid out then I am also “extremely grateful to Sampson”.

And, in a spirit of revolutionary comradeship, I’m happy to accept that NotJr got there first so is entitled to a larger share of the bonus pot. To each according to their grovelling is a well established principle.

7 Likes

Same here, with respect to Montréal. Few people from here post at Hungry Onion. I post far less at either.

Well Hal let’s try to get some fellow Toronto people here for you. Not bring sarcastic but do you have any contact information for some of the more active posters? I would be glad to send a welcome to HO email to some of them. Actually welcome to HO yourself ! Don’t believe we have ever met, let me know would be more than happy to try and help.

There is no activity, or next to none, on the boards I checked on CH.

I really don’t want to get sucked into any drama but … It has come to my attention that a certain someone is lifting ideas from threads started here at HO and starting way too similar ones on Chowhound. The behavior has been slowly escalating and I think it sucks…Disgrazia!!!

1 Like

I noticed that too

Is it that Jrvedivici guy? I’d keep an eye on him.

(Full disclosure I do share my reviews of restaurants on both sites)

1 Like

You sure it isn’t the same person originating both threads and posting under different user names?

1 Like

I don’t intend to start a witch-hunt and so I’m not going to respond to any comments here
I just wanted to put it out there so the offender is aware that I am aware if they happen to read this
It also feels good to get it off my chest

Understood.

1 Like

Gee, I post on HO and CH but I guess I must be looking at different boards. Probably for the best.

1 Like

No problem posting on both - I still check over there and may answer something. I prefer to post my own threads here - I want to build this place up. The issue is that this person is taking ideas from here and starting threads on CH.

1 Like

I hate getting into this feud, too. It seems so childish. Personally, I use both sites. I have no personal issues with CH, and frankly I like to have two sites to work with. Sometimes one site works better than another, depending on the subject. And I am in full support of HO and have been spreading the word. By the way, I have also noticed lifts from CH appearing on HO. So what! If you are looking for an entourage, go ahead…

1 Like

No, I get what you’re saying and why you’re annoyed, I’m just saying I haven’t noticed this myself, probably because I don’t read the boards where you’re seeing this happen.