Just curious - why do some post some topics on CH and others here

What was the restaurant? I’m pretty good at finding stuff.

1 Like

Yes, not moving anywhere in North America. I couldn’t afford rents in San Francisco, the only possible rival.

1 Like

Haha, I talked to DH, he said why not do the same, just copied their topics here!

Joke aside, I told a casual visit at the French board, I find it’s like a tourist information centre, somebody wants to do a trip when and when, and here’s the requirements, and find me a restaurant.

Do the people report back their meal?

Maybe if this person posted here they would have had a nice lunch on Christmas Day.

Poor guy!

1 Like

Hardly ever.

But then I suspect a lot of the people recommending the restaurants haven’t eaten in them either. I know in at least some cases that is true.

CH is a very poseur community.

Ouch, that sounds painful. For CH!

To make it short and sweet, the ch mods and awful new layout ruined it for me. I don’t even go there any longer. This place is where it’s at now. I like the “freedom of speech” aspect and we can live with those few whiners who rant about some threads getting off topic. If you see something you’re not interested in, simply skip it and move on. I see plenty of stuff I’m not keen on and move along…no need to rant about it.

1 Like

I don’t know if I ever ran across any straight deceitful people on ch, but I wouldn’t doubt it. Nonetheless, I only truly take the opinions of veteran members into account. If I know a person well and trust their opinion, like the VK, then I’m prone to just give something a shot without much research.

I don’t mind when people divert either. It is more like a natural conversation.

1 Like