July 2023 Cookbook of the Month NOMINATIONS

It’s time to revive this project and nominate titles for our July p2023 Cookbook of the Month. What books inspire you as summer finally kicks into high gear?

You many nominate as many books as you wish. Please nominate with the intention of joining us in cooking from the book and reporting on the dishes you make, should your nominee be selected. In order to nominate, please put the name of the book in ALL CAPS in the comments below. Only titles in all caps will be counted as nominations. (If you’re discussing a book, but not nominating, please use regular capitalization for clarity.)

Nominations will end SUNDAY, JUNE 18 at 11 PM GMT/7 PM EDT/4 PM PDT, and the books with the most nominations will move on to a vote. The book that receives the most votes will be our July COTM. A reporting thread will be posted on July 1.

Don’t forget, we’re adding to all previous COTM threads in June (and in perpetuity.

3 Likes

RECIPETINEATS and blog

2 Likes

RECIPE TIN EATS, and blog

I know some don’t like her, but I always have good luck with Melissa Clark’s recipes. DINNER IN ONE.

In a similar vein, MILK STREET’S WORLD IN A SKILLET.

RECIPE TIN EATS and BLOG

1 Like

I’ve been pretty discombobulated these apst months, but I’d be excited about cooking along from something easy and reliable (I know, not really the goal of stretching, but here we are).

• MAANGCHI BLOG (and books if someone really wants)
  • WOKS OF LIFE BLOG
  • SMITTEN KITCHEN BLOG (not mentioning the books because they’ve had their own COTMs)
  • MILK STREET TV & WEBSITE (there are a lot of books so I’m not including them)

ENDLESS SUMMER COOKBOOK by Katie Lee Biegel
MESA MEXICANA by Mary Sue Milliken and Susan Feniger

SMITTEN KITCHEN BLOG is a full sentence.

1 Like

I agree that SMITTEN KITCHEN BLOG is a full sentence.

ENDLESS SUMMER COOKBOOK by Katie Lee Biegel

DINNER IN ONE I have this cookbook and made quite a few successful recipes.

1 Like

RECIPE TIN EATS is a complete sentence!

I AM FROM HERE, by Vishwesh Bhatt - this is a book that begs to be done in the summer. I have finally started in on a few recipes and had good results.

Just one day remaining in which to nominate!

1 Like

Adding Rukmini Iyer’s DINNER’S IN THE OVEN which I had forgotten about.
(aka The Roasting Tin in the UK iirc)

One-pan / Sheet pan style meals, but she has useful charts for roasting times by ingredient, and how to combine them.

How about RUKMINI IYER month? I’ve got a couple of her Roasting Tin books that I’d love an excuse to dive into.

Nominations are now closed. Stay tuned for a voting thread.

Come on down to the voting thread!

Reporting thread:

Moved to proper thread.

Moved to proper thread #2.