I've got a lot of plums!

@shrinkrap - all sounds wonderful and let us know how they turn out.

The NYT plum recipe called for cornstarch in the jam, but I added Pomona pectin instead. Maybe too much.

I have about six more cups of macerated plums to try another way.

Cobbler bar vs jammy fruit bar recipe. Melted vs room temp butter. Rubbed or stirred.

WAPO Crumb collection

1 Like

Double batch.Added a little extra oats, and some almonds to the top layer. Into the oven for 45 minutes…

45 minutes later…Is it ready? :thinking:

6 Likes

Oh they look so delicious, and what a beautiful color those plums are!

2 Likes

A little crumbly and hard to cut the size I like, but very tasty. I hope they set up a bit more.

3 Likes

Looking good so far!

1 Like

Very nice. They look deliciously chewy too.

1 Like

Next time you have a lot of stone fruit pits with flesh, try simmering them in water until you get a thick syrup. I know the syrup from cherry pits has a hint of almond flavor, stone fruits being related to almonds.

1 Like

Pluots are on the way!

More plums!

When my benefactor brother by, I offered her plum jam…but she didn’t seem to understand! :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I’m doing plum catsup

https://www.tencansbeans.com/home/2018/7/25/plum-ketchup

and butter this time… The butter recipes seem so simple.

.and syrup, and wine. Wine seems easy too.

This "wine " uses vodka.

1 Like

Just wanted to say your plum jam, as pictured on the WFD thread, is absolutely beautiful in color, and I’m sure, in taste too! Wish my plums were red, rather than green! Oh well…

1 Like

Thank you! I made another batch of jam after that, this time with cardamom, and Dutch lite pectin someone here recommended rather than Pomona, and the texture was perfect!

1 Like

The plum butter in the recipe you linked to from She Loves Biscotti looks a lot like the plum butter of my dreams. Flavor-wise, plum butter (lekvar) is in the same wheelhouse as figs and dates. Yum.

If I can get my paws on enough plums later this summer—still early for plums here—I’d like to try making a batch.

1 Like
1 Like

Sliwowica !!! JK, you’ll regret it. Plum jam sounds dang fine. I love plums, though.

A favorite plum recipe and it uses a lot:

Try making tkhemali, the Georgian (country) plum sauce?
Generally, they use green ones (that sauce tends to be more sour), but there’s also a red version (which could employ the type you have): https://nofrillskitchen.com/tkemali-recipe/.